1

Seeing the living room filled with cardboard boxes was jarring. A person could say a million times that they're moving, but more often than not, it doesn't really sink in until they've sold their house, or purchased an airplane ticket, or quit their job. But Harry had done all of those things already, save for selling his house, since he was renting. But he had contacted his landlord, letting him know that he would no longer be occupying the home.

For Harry, the realization that he was moving hadn't hit until he walked through his front door and saw the sheer number of cardboard boxes on the floor. That, and the barren white walls, the paintings and photos that he had hung up having been taken down a few days ago.

Moving. He was moving. Not just to a new house, but to an entirely different state. Not just to a different state, but he was also moving in with his boyfriend of ten months who happened to be a global celebrity, one of the world's most famous musicians, Louis Tomlinson.

Louis Tomlinson, whose music was blasting from somewhere within the house. A smile formed on Harry's face, taking comfort in the familiar instrumental and the calming sound of his boyfriend's voice. He walked further into the house, closing the door behind him gently. He bent down to study the boxes, seeing that they had been labeled in thick black scrawl based on their contents.

He was incredibly grateful for Niall, who had been helping him pack up his house while he was running last-minute errands that day. He was certain that he didn't have that much to pack, since most of his furniture had either come with the house or he had sold it already, but the number of boxes on the floor said otherwise. He pulled one of the boxes closer to him, grimacing at the scraping noise it made as it was dragged across the wooden floor. It was labeled 'clothes,' as were many of the others, but next to the words were crying faces. Harry frowned.

"Niall," he called, standing up. He walked towards the sound of the music, following it into the kitchen where his blond best friend was seated at one of the barstools, helping himself to a pint of ice cream that he had found in the freezer. Niall turned to look at Harry as he walked in.

"I didn't even hear you get back," he said, turning back to his ice cream. "Good thing you keep the door locked, right?"

Harry could hardly hear him over the music blaring from a bluetooth speaker that he had brought, as promised. They were planning on having a mini going-away party for Harry while they packed, but closing his PO Box had taken a little longer than he'd thought. Not just because he had run into his old boss who wouldn't stop talking to him, either.

"Yeah, good thing." Harry took a seat next to Niall. "I'm very glad to hear that if my house was broken into, you would've been blissfully unaware, eating ice cream in my kitchen."

Niall shook his spoon at Harry. "I don't think anyone would break in if they heard loud music playing from inside."

Harry didn't reply, only pulling out his phone as it vibrated in his pocket. A wide smile formed on his face as he saw that he had a text message from Louis.

loml: ft?

me: yes!!

"Who are you texting?" Niall was leaning over Harry's shoulder, trying to read the texts, but Harry had already turned off his phone.

"Louis," Harry answered, and Niall frowned at him. Harry could sense one of his Louis related rants coming on, and not the fanboy kind that he would've had around a year ago. Niall shifted in his chair, scraping the side of the ice cream container with his spoon.

"Don't get me wrong," he started, and Harry sighed, a smile forming on his face as he entertained his best friend's rant for what would be the hundredth time. "I love Louis. You know that."