Prologue

The titan's back never seemed so lonely for having 8 of his closest colleagues. Rex looked forward towards this New Elysium that cropped out of the sea. Seeing the titans merge with the continent gave him a bittersweet relief. Relief that he had hoped for most of his fifteen years in Alrest. But, he couldn't have achieved it without the help of his friends, especially the ones he lost. Vandham, Fan... Mythra... ... Pyra.

Rex knew they wouldn't come back. He held back tears as his memories flashed back to the graveside service for Vandham. He only knew him for a short time on quest to find Elysium, but Vandham sure did make an impression. Not to mention that he left the entirety of a mercenary group to him. Rex swore to uphold his promise to get Pyra to Elysium that fateful day. The day he met Mythra. Pain filled his mind as he thought about all of who he lost. None of them deserved to die, he was the only reason they died. Echos in his head seemed to say he should have died instead.

They deserved a better friend. You could have been stronger. You could have sacrificed your self.

Wishing for it all to end, Rex contemplated jumping off the edge of Gramps' back and plummet towards the ocean below. Maybe he would be able to see her again in the next life. He glanced at the area around him. Red particles rained down from the skies. Rex looked at the last object that Pyra gave him, her core crystal, pulsating with a green glow. He couldn't believe his eyes. Was she still alive? Did she come back for him? Did he have a chance?

But the other part of his mind came to haunt him.

Was this his imagination? Would she remember him? Why would she care about you?

A beam of green energy flowed from the crystal to the clouds above. And in front of the group stood Mythra and Pyra, looking straight at Rex. Poppi burst through and hugged them both. Nia gave him a shove towards the two Aegises. Rex felt his knees turn to jelly as he took his first steps towards them, but the nagging continued.

She doesn't remember you. You abandoned her. You let her die.

And Rex saw Pyra's lips move but heard nothing as darkness and the voice came over him.

You don't deserve friends like them

Author's note:

This is my first time writing anything close to resembling a lengthy story. I am hoping to write the next chapter by the end of next week. Until next we meet again

-Anntar