If it wasn't Emit training me in one way or another, it was my older sister. Since we had been up here, I had been able to master shifting with clothing, a helpful ability that left Amber jealous, and something about not seeing my abs? Whatever that was about. Another ability was what born-hunters called 'stealth.'

Stealth was an ability to move extremely fast, without bearing any scent or making any noise. It basically made me like a ninja, without needing the cover of night. Amber became extremely jealous at that point, complaining how she couldn't become the ninja she had always wanted to be. I, on the other hand, found it rather pointless as wolves normally engaged in full fledged combat. Especially Alphas. 

Archery was still a small issue, but I was getting better at it. My accuracy had increased ten-fold, but my speed was horrible. Tobias and I were the only ones that actually used guns, leaving us both bored when the rest practiced. And every time it was hand-to-hand combat, it was the two of us against Emit... who still won every round.

After learning to Shift with clothes on, Emit had me start wearing an army-looking body armor that had a bunch of metal and foam pads in it. It came in handy when sparing with him and Tobias (and Ariel on occasion) as it allowed me to slowly build up against taking blows from the wolves. 

The days continued on, two weeks soon turning three, then into four. After Adam contacted us through Emit's satellite phone, informing us of nothing happening there, Emit informed him he would be staying for another three.

I only hoped that we were not pushing our luck. With little to no communication from our pack and no word of another attack, I had started to worry, and to think that they knew we had left. They were simply waiting for our return.

~*~

"If you don't put that will of yours into it, you will never be as strong as you need to be!" Emit said roughly, blocking yet another punch, only to kick me in the stomach yet again.

I swung a kick up to his head, but he just ducked it and kicked out my knee, pushing me down to my knees. I was about to get up, but a blow to the head had me down in the dirt again. We were going at it like this for a while in our human forms, me getting a few hits in here and there, but Emit mostly kicking my ass the whole way down.

"You may have mastered your wolf form, but what if you cannot shift? What good will you be if you cannot fight?" Emit had told me earlier.

Since then, we've been going at it non-stop. I was starting to feel the fatigue settle in, but Emit was like a machine. He kept going just as hard as when he had started. Every blow that I had managed to land, only resulted in triple as many against myself. If it were ever a deadly fight, I would have been long gone.

I had finally had him in a position that would have worked, but his foot slid away from me, kicking out my leg. I tried to get on the balls of my feet to spin around but was hit by his elbow to the back of my head, effectively knocking me to the ground once more.

"Emit, I know it's training and all, but do you mind not giving him brain damage? He's barely house trained as it is," Amber teased.

"Feeling the love, Amber," I said with a grunt as I got up, "I'm really feeling the love."

She laughed, walking up to me, "I love you too."

I stood up straight and looked at the sky.

"Besides, Paige says it's dinner time anyway. Enough training." Amber said sternly to her uncle.

Emit only nodded, then looked back at me. "You're doing well, I must admit. Perhaps after all of this is over, you would still train with me?"

"When I feel the need to be re-acquainted with the ground, I'll be sure to call you up."