Chapter 2

We pulled up to school and E parked the car. We got out the car and made our way inside, heading to our lockers. As we approached, we saw Christian coming down the hall with a smile on his face.

He saw us and jogged over to where we were

He saw us and jogged over to where we were. We all got our stuff from our lockers as he spoke.

C- Wassgood y'all
I- Wassup man

They did their handshake and Christian turned to me and Lydia, wrapping me in a bear hug as I said.....

I- Damn Chris, what a change

He laughed at me and smiled wide as I looked him over. For three years of high school, Chris was this short, scrawny kid who stood at about 5 feet 4 inches with a squeaky voice that made him seem a lot younger than he was and a shy personality that kept him from ever speaking out. He had black and blond dreads and frankly couldn't dress to save his life. One couldn't forget the braces he had to help correct the overbite and crooked bottom row of his teeth. However, the guy standing before me was far from the Christian I once knew. He'd definitely hit a growth spurt as he stood at 6 foot even, his voice had gotten deeper and was more sexy, he'd cut his dreads off and wore his hair in a simple brush cut, he definitely found his style, and his teeth were perfect. The shy kid we all once knew was gone. Chris spoke and said.....

C- Thanks for noticing Iz. What's up, Lydia

He smiled and she smiled back, pulling him into a tight hug and saying......

L- Now I see why you disappeared on us all summer big head
C- Well yeah, I had some work to do
L- You were fine before but I'll be honest, you look sexy as hell
C- (laughs) Thanks

We all talked and made our way to the cafeteria. When we arrived, we all sat down to catch up on our summers. As we were getting into everything, a familiar group made their way to our table. It was Sasha and her clique accompanied by Keenan and his fellow athletes. Sasha said......

S- Why hello people
L- Sasha
S- Wow Lydia, I didn't think you could gain anymore weight over the summer. You proved me wrong
I- Sasha, go on somewhere with your bullshit alright
S- Izabella, I didn't recognize you without a dick in your mouth
I- Yeah well your nigga was pretty occupied with my pussy in his mouth so I ain't have much time to suck him up
S- Slut
I- Takes one to know one sis

She glared at me and I smirked back, blowing her a kiss as she turned to Elijah.

S- Anyways, Elijah, the person I actually came over here for
E- May I help you?
S- We didn't really get a chance to hang out over the summer
I- For obvious reason
S- (side eyes Izabella) I was hoping we could catch up tonight
I- Sorry, he can't
K- Damn right he can't

We turned to face Keenan who was chilling on the table, throwing his football in the air and catching it.

K- Yeah, I'm having a back to school end of summer party tonight and I came over here to invite y'all
S- I'll be there
K- Yeah, um, when I said y'all I meant Izzy, Elijah, Lydia, and Christian

We all lightly laughed at the look of shock on her face and she stormed off with her friends as Keenan told us more about the party. The bell eventually rang and we got up, making our way to class to start our day.