Chapter 2: Dinner

Thiago's POV

"Neymar your cousin is hot." I heard Marcelo state and few seconds I heard him scream. I didn't need to look over, I was sure that Neymar had hit him somehow. "Don't say such a thing in front of me dude! She's more like a sister for me and I don't want to hear what you think about her! Keep it for yourself." Neymar's words made me smile lightly. I could understand that he didn't want to hear that. Which guy would want to hear his teammates talk about his sister or in Neymar's case his cousin? After all he was feeling for her like she'd be his sister.

I didn't comment anything just got dressed after I had taken a shower. We couldn't let her wait all day.

I wasn't sure why, but I got the feeling that I had seen her before, but I couldn't think of when... when could I have possibly met her? I talked to Neymar about her shortly, she was living in São Paulo... maybe she just remembered me on someone... I shouldn't think too much about it... 

Morena's POV

I felt quite awkward waiting out here for the team, but I had already agreed to go eat something with them... I couldn't just leave now. Neymar would be disappointed; at least I thought so. I took my phone out and tried to distract myself by checking the appointments I'd have the next days. Soon it'd be time for the 'first' press conference in front of the first match against Croatia.

How was I supposed to work with Thiago while I didn't even manage to talk to him properly without being reminded of that one night he definitely couldn't remember! That was just perfect.

"Moooriiiiiii!" I grimaced as I heard Neymar calling me like that. He knew I hated that. I turned around already my mouth open to shout at him, but as I faced the whole team I shut my mouth. How were they all ready on the same time? Whatever...

"Ready?" He asked and I nodded. I'd drive with Neymar there, because the restaurant wasn't so close here, and it wouldn't make sense when I'd take the bus while almost all of them were here with their cars.

We arrived at the restaurant and went straight inside, I guess some of the team would be already here, and some would arrive after us. I followed Neymar who greeted one of the waiter and that one lead us to a separate room. It seemed like the guys were often here - wouldn't surprise me, after all they had to find a place where they could eat in peace. 

I sat down next to Neymar and on my other side Oscar sat down. In front of me on the other side of the table, Thiago had sat down, It was quite difficult for me not to look all the time at him, but during the dinner Oscar opened up and he was a really nice guy. It was nice talking with him, but I could feel almost all the time a gaze on me but always when I looked around, no one was looking at me. 

"Morii?" I heard Neymar's voice next to me and looked annoyed over to him. Again he called me like that. "Soorrryyy..." He said biting slightly his lip. "I need to go... if you want me to bring you to your apartment you have to come with  me now." I opened my mouth to reply something to it,, as I heard Oscar say something. "I'm sure someone of us could drive her home later if she wants to stay a bit longer." I looked at him and smiled lightly. "Oscar's right. If it be okay for her I'd make sure she gets home safe." Thiago added and I looked over to him, that seemed okay for Neymar.

"How you want." He said, looking at me. I shrugged. "I guess I stay a bit longer then." I wouldn't mind Thiago bringing me home; even if it'd be weird being maybe alone with him because he couldn't remember our night together.

A smile formed on Neymar's lips and he stood up. "Okay. See you tomorrwo then." He said goodbye to us and left. 

This time I ended up talking to Thiago and Oscar. Both of them told me stories about the team, some about Neymar and it was quite funny hearing them. You could feel that they were really close to each other, almost like brothers.

A few time later we decided all to leave too; it had been gotten really late and we had to be up early tomorrow. The guys for training and I had a meeting. After I said goodbye to the others I walked next to Thiago, to his car. The atmosphere between us got bit weird; none of us was really saying something.

I climbed into his car and he asked me after my address. I told him and a few minutes later he drove off. I looked out the window. Why was it suddenly so weird talking to him? Why could I not just talk to him like I did in the restaurant? It worked pretty fine in there... and it wasn't just like because we were alone now and I got reminded of that night right now... Oh dear...

"Is everything okay?" I heard him ask and looked with slight open mouth over to him. What should I say? "Or did I do or say something that upset you? You're so quiet." He looked shortly over to me and our eyes met for a few seconds, but then he focused back onto the street. "I'm just tired." I replied and smiled lightly. IT was the truth; I really was tired even if that wasn't the reason why I wasn't talking really. "It was a long first day." He said and a smile formed on his lips, as he again looked shortly over to me. That adorable smile of his... Gladly he looked away; he couldn't look at me to long after all he was driving. "I didn't think that I'd spend my whole evening with you guys today already but yeah... you're right it was a long first day." I said smiling. It had been a great first day; after all I got to know all guys better - including Thiago.

It wasn't like I hadn't known anything about them but it was different when you had the possibility to talk to them. You found out things that you couldn't read in newspapers or magazines. Things they didn't talk in front the press. You found out how the actually are, because through pictures, interviews and articles we all make our own imagination of them. We all think we know them kind of but it's different when you actually 'get to know' them. Like every girl I had my football crush too, and to be honest mine has always been Thiago.

"Are you excited for the first match?" I heard myself asking and looked at him. I couldn't help myself but I had to look at him. It was over a year since I had seen him, and even if it did hurt that he couldn't remember... it was kind of my own fault too, after all I had disappeared before he had woken up.

"I'd be lying if I'd say I wouldn't be." He stated and parked the car on the roadside. We had arrived in front of my apartment. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. "It was a pleasure getting to know you better Morena."
"The pleasure was all mine." I said and didn't really know how to say good bye to him, I didn't want him to leave already but it was late... and it probably would be weird if I would invite him upstairs...

He leaned in and I hold my breath as I felt his lips on my cheek. "Good night." I felt like my heart was beating like hell as he leaned in so close. The last time he had come so close, his lips had met mine, but that was over a year ago and I shouldn't be thinking of it right now. He leaned back and smiled. "Good night Thiago." I mumbled awkwardly and opened the door to leave the car. "Morena?" I heard him and turned back to look at him. Our eyes met. He opened his mouth to say something but hesitated at first... and then he said: "See you tomorrow." I got the feeling he wanted to say something else but maybe I just imagined it. "See you tomorrow." I said smiling and closed the door. I turned around and walked to the front door of my apartment. I listened as he started the engine but he didn't drove off yet. I stepped in, throwing one last look at his car and went inside. First as I closed the door behind me I heard him drive off. He actually had made sure I was safe. A smile formed on my lips as I went upstairs. I needed to go to bed.