Chapter 18

Vince

I ran through the mall trying to avoid all pigs. When I made it out, I ran out of the parking lot. I couldn't get in the car, Diamond has the keys.

Where's Diamond? Oh, who gives a fuck? She Wasn't thinking about me when She was letting him kiss her.

I decided to go to a hotel; if I go home, Trey could wake up, he might tell police that it was all my fault. I ran and ran until I put my eyes on the hotel.

"Thanks, sweetie," I said to the desk lady as she handing me the card to swipe to enter the room. I got on the elevator. Opening the door to the room, I saw 2 beds. I jumped on one and heard my phone vibrate indicating that I had a phone call. "Hello?" I asked. I knew it was Diamond because it showed on the caller ID.

"Where you at?" she asked.

"At a hotel." I tell her. I really didn't want to talk. I hung the phone up and seconds later, she opened my room door.

"What you want?" I ain't trying to talk to her.

"I hope you didn't think I let him kiss me? I had my focus on clothes," she tells me.

"Okay. You can leave now." Not surprised, I noticed that she was not leaving, but she laid on the bed next to me.

I Got up and went to the vending machine to get a soda. When I got back, noticed that Diamond was asleep, she had tears on her face.

"Diamond, get up." She didn't answer so I laid beside her. I took some time to think while I was getting my soda. I came to the conclusion that she was being honest. She hasn't lied before, why would she now?

I just laid there and started singing. I moved closer to her ear so she could hear me more clearly. "Shut up, man! Singing in my ear, you done lost yo' mind. " she said with an attitude.

"Shut the hell up. You don't want these hands," I joke.

"Do you want to talk about it now?" She asked. I replied with "I'm over it, we good. I got two question, how'd you know I was at this exact hotel? Why you let him get that close?"

"Well, I didn't at first. I just didn't want to go home because Trey knew where I lived & if he woke up, he could've told the police. When you left, I walked far from him and then ran out. I ran out and saw a hotel and the car still in the same place. Basically, I put 2 and 2 together & here we are. I still had money that I was suppose to have used on clothes so, I asked the lady what room were you in and that I was yo' wife. I didn't want him that close. He snuck up behind me. How'd you get here?" She finally asked after explaining.

We basically had the same explanation. "Something like what you just said." We both laughed. "Aha! That's why you my everything, moe," She said before she kissed my cheek.

"Believe that, shorty." I say with a slight gloomy tone in my voice. "What is it?" She asked with worry.

"If I'm yo' everything, why did you have a guy bestfriend in the first place? I'm suppose to be your bestfriend, boyfriend & all that," I tell her.

"Baby, you are. If you didn't feel like you were, why didn't you tell me? I'm sorry. From now on, you know the real deal. Pinky promise? On us."

I laughed as I locked my pinky with hers.

"Now, I have to ask you something," She tells me.

"What?"

"Where you get this money that you seem to always have? Your parents had it or something?" I knew she'd ask sooner or later. I wasn't going to lie to her.

"I was trappin in Miami for awhile." The room was quiet for a few moments

Finally, Diamond spoke. "How come you didn't tell me? Y-you know me. I would've fussed, but I would've got over it." She shook her head and looked dead in my eyes.

"It was in the past. I didn't want to bring it up. The only thing I kept from that bad past was the money. I don't tell people that. It's like, if you know, you know," I tell her.

"Listen, what I want ain't hard to understand. You should've knew that I wanted to know where you've been. I didn't think I needed to ask," she said as sadness filled her voice.

I know I was wrong but I don't like talking about my past. I mean, she knew me before she found this out. Besides, this didn't hurt her physically.

"So you just went to Miami to sell drugs?" She asked as tears fell on her cheek.

"No. I went to try to make legal money, but everything didn't turn out as planned," I say truthfully.

We just looked at each other for a minute. I wiped her tears with my hand and assured her that the life I used to live is far away from us.

"Let's go," I tell her while getting up from the bed. "Where to?" She questions. I really need a car, man! But, I'll still wait.

"Your ma house. I left my boxers over there," I answered seriously.

"You ain't shit."

"I don't care." I shrug. We were in the lobby about to checkout at this point.

A minute of two minutes later, we walked outside. "You wanna whip it?" Diamond threw me the keys. "Yeah. Let's go to your house," I tell her. We got in the car and were on our way. When we pulled into the driveway, I got out and opened her car door.

"Thanks," she smiles hard.

"Ma!" Diamond yells. "M-" I stop her because I saw a letter on the table. The letter told us that they went on their annual vacation. "They think they grown," I joke.

We went to watch a movie in the living room. Moments into the movie, I put my head in Diamond's lap and closed my eyes. A nap never hurt anybody.