Chapter 2

I woke up for the second time and looked around. There was no one in the room but I heard dishes and pots clanking together. I threw the duvet off my body and started for the door. I tried to touch the handle but my hand went right through it. I gulped. I tried again and again until I finally screamed in frustration. Then a thought occurred. If my hand goes through the door handle, then would I go through the door itself? I backed away from the door, thinking a head start for a run would help. I began to run and the skeleton from earlier was in front of the door in an instant. I squealed in shock and fright.
"Will you please stop screaming, my dear?" He asked
I wrapped my arms around myself and narrowed my eyes at him.
"Why can't I touch the door handle? Why can't I leave!!?" I yelled in a small tantrum.
He stepped forward and I stepped back. I gave him a warning look.
"Don't come near me! Just explain to me what the hell is going on!" I exclaimed.
"You are in the underworld now. I brought us here after your... tantrum. You are my mate, soon to be wife. And you cannot touch the door handle or any door or even that lamp because you are not dead. You will not be able to survive here for more than a few months as a living being. You will be like me. A beautiful corpse." He said gently.
Tears brimmed my eyes and I screamed, grabbing my hair and pulling at it, trying to will myself to wake from this nightmare. He reached to calm me but the feeling of his bones touching me made me even shiver in discomfort.
"Please please, my queen, please calm down. I know this is scary, but you are meant to be mine." He explained pleadingly.
"God, don't touch me! What are you! Why am I here!" I cried.
"I will answer that, please just calm down!!" He pleaded.
I took a deep breath and looked nervously at his non-beating heart inside his rib cage.
"What are you? What do you want with me?" I whispered, crying and sniffling.
"I am death. And you are my mate, soon to be wife and queen." He said.
I sucked in a gasp and let out the loudest scream of my entire life. And for the third time, I was submerged into darkness.

******
Sorry it's short.