"Hey," he replied. He glanced over at Lance who had quietly sat down on my other side. I elbowed him gently. "Lance," he muttered as a greeting and Lance glanced up, nodding back awkwardly.

"Alright, class, so due to a little explosion in the other Potions lab, the other class will be joining us for the next few weeks, so please welcome people into your groups. Another class filed in and Pidge spotted me, going to sit by us. "Since we have a big class for a while, just get accustomed to each other for today." I turned towards Pidge but she already put her feet on my lap when she sat down.

"Rude," I said, rolling my eyes.

"The Yule ball is coming up you know," Pidge said.

"Yeah so?"

"You going?"

"Are you?"

"Maybe, if you are," she replied.

"If Allura is going, we could go as a little group, Keith you going?" I asked and he shrugged, seeming like he didn't want to answer the question. "Are you?" Lance glanced up with glossy eyes.

"I haven't decided on who to ask," he said.

"You should ask Nyma I'm sure she'll go with you," I said. "If not you can come with the group, I don't mind." He cleared his throat and nodded.

"I don't know about the group..." Keith said and I looked at him to continue. "I saw Allura and Lotor earlier, and they seemed pretty close."

"Wait seriously?" Pidge asked. I paused.

"Wait didn't she choose him as her partner last class?" I asked and Lance nodded. She can't be serious. That jerk?!

"No way, she knows he's a jerk to (y/n)," Pidge said.

"Wait what?" Keith said.

"Okay so maybe she doesn't," Pidge said.

"He's just not nice to me for a few reasons," I said, not wanting to mention my dad. Everyone seemed to know he wasn't around a lot, but very few knew he worked at the ministry of magic. I had my mom's last name because she hyphenated her maiden name and my dad's. I just dropped my dad's part. Lotor and Pidge were really the only ones who knew. The ministry was always controversial and it would gain me some unwanted eyes if people found out.

"Let's just not talk about it anymore," Pidge said. We just talked about a few random things, a few flirty things to be said from Lance's end. Class ended and I started to head out with Pidge when Keith stopped me.

"Can we talk after school? I'll meet you at the Quidditch field," he said.

"Yeah, totally."

The day went on and that was the only odd thing today, the addition of Pidge to our class. I was waiting in the Quidditch field, dressed and ready for practice, a few witches and wizards sprinkled around. I waited with broom in hand for Keith, and I saw him running across the field to meet me.

"Hi, what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I--uh--well, I was wondering if you don't find someone to go to the Yule ball with, if you wanted to go with me."

"What?"

"I mean, like friends of course. I just think it would be fun, and you're the only person I would want to hang out with when we're there. It's just the whole pressure of getting a date sort of thing. I-- sorry this was stupid, just forget it."

"Wait-- no, I'd love to go with you. This will be fun!! We can like match!" I said, smiling.

"You wouldn't rather go with an actual date?"

"Nah, hanging with you would be more fun, thanks Keith. I'm glad you're doing stuff around school now."

"Yeah, you make me want to participate, it's horrible."

"Shut up," I said, grinning. "I'll see you later yeah?"

"Yeah, see you," he said, turning away.

"We're going to be the best pair at the ball!" I called.

"Pft, yeah okay!" He called back and I smiled. That was going to be fun, spending the evening with Keith even though it was far off. I turned and jumped once I spotted Lance standing there.

"H--"

"Practice game is starting," he interrupted and rammed my shoulder as he passed. I stumbled and turned to watch him walk away. What the hell? I met up with my coach and we got up in the air, starting the practice match. Lance seemed to be rather competitive today as we both raced for the snitch. He bumped me and I wobbled, still matching his speed.

He seemed to get even more aggressive the more we played and as I was reaching out for the flitting snitch and felt a slam and a pain erupted through my nose and cheek. My broom swerved and took me down a few feet as I grasped my nose.

He elbowed me in the face.

I wiped away the blood from my bloody nose, knowing I'd have a bruise on my cheek as well, and took off after him again. He eventually caught the snitch, my face was too distracting for me to focus and I landed, dropping my broom and wiping at my nose again. Blood came off on the back of my hand and my coach noticed.

"Woah, you okay there? Do you need to go to the infirmary?" She asked and I nodded, cupping my hand over my injury. I glanced over at Lance who seemed both mad and sad at the same time, arms crossed and eyes focused on me. We met eyes for a moment before I turned and ran off the field inside and the others went into the locker rooms.

Before you say anything, no Keith does not like her. He just needs a friend for the dance, and she's his closest friend besides Shiro.

I repeat.

HE DOESNT LIKE HER.

~Calymari