I finished my breakfast, went upstairs to my room with Em so we could talk about what she had planned for me. I was brushing my teeth when Derek walked in and said Happy Birthday to me. He didn’t care that I was brushing my teeth when he gave me a hug. “You look beautiful as always.” he said to me. While still brushing my teeth, I nodded at him. “I met Jack just a few minutes ago. He doesn’t seem too bad.” Said Derek. “Your sister thinks he’s a hottie.” I said after I finished rinsing. “Oh course she does.” Derek said sarcastically. “I came up here to tell you that your grandfather is requesting your presence. He wants to give you your birthday present before he leaves for work.” Derek said to me as he heads towards the door.

We get down stairs when I see my grandfather shake Jack’s hand. My grandfather looked over at me and smiled. “Happy Birthday Sweetheart.” He says to me. “Thanks grandfather.” I say as he kisses my forehead. He looks at me and says, “This is the first half of your birthday present. The other half is outside.” He grinned at me. I opened up the envelope he handed me. Inside is a bank account information. I looked up at him confused. He would never let me open up a bank account and to find information for one that has been opened since my eighteenth birthday kinda confuses me. “It’s your bank account sweetheart. I opened it last year for your eighteenth birthday. I was going to give you this last year, but decided I would give it to you now.” I looked at the papers again. I was very shocked to see that he had even added money to it. “Is this amount correct” I asked. “Yes. I thought it would last you awhile. You can even add the money you’ve been saving up to the amount that’s already in there.” He said to me. I had to look at the paper again to make sure I was reading it right. My account has five hundred thousand pounds in it. I always knew my grandfather made a lot of money, but never this much… or more for that matter.

“Go outside to see the other half of your present.” My grandfather said. I put the papers back into the envelope and walked outside to see a Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S. Oh My Gosh!! This car is beautiful! Grandfather even got it in my favorite color. Blue….well, a type of blue. The paper say it’s a Lunar Blue Metallic. “I Love It!!!! Oh My Gosh!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!” I yelled while running towards my new car. I didn’t think he would ever get me a car. He always told me that I had to take one of his cars so I would have a driver. This is so freaking awesome. “Now we can go shopping in style.” Em said as we both get in. “I seriously can’t believe he bought me a car. How freaking awesome is this?” I said while touching every part of the interior. It smells good too. I love the smell of a new car.

After being in my Mercedes for a good twenty minutes, I got out and ran to my grandfather. I gave him a big bear hug and kept thanking him for both of my presents. “You deserve them my dear. You have been an excellent child growing up. Not giving your grandmother and me too much of a hard time. You also have proven yourself responsible…. Well, for the most part anyways.” He said to me while returning a bear hug. It has been the best morning so far. Grandfather kisses my cheek and tells me he has to go into work now. “You can just keep an eye on her for now Jack. Make sure she’s safe please.” Grandfather says as he heads towards his car. His driver is already waiting for him with the door open.

After getting everything ready to head to town, Derek comes up to me and says, “I’ll meet up with you and Em later for lunch. I don’t really like shopping… especially with two women. Have fun though.” Lame. We’ll have Jack with us and Derek doesn’t want to go shopping. Fine. Be that way, you butthead. Em and I get into my Mercedes and drive off. “Where to first my dear?” I ask her. “Anywhere you want. You’re the one driving Love.” Off we go.

A few hours later, Em texts Derek and tells him where he can meet us for lunch. Jack isn’t too far behind. I offered to let him ride with us instead of following us everywhere in his black SUV that says “Torchwood” on the sides. He politely declined in case he had to go do something regarding work. “You have to at least sit with us while we eat lunch.” I said to Jack. “I can do that.” Jack said. Derek finally shows up. “Where have you been?!? We’ve been waiting on you for a good fifteen minutes.” Yelled Em. She was mad at her older brother for making her wait so long. “I’m freaking starving and I have to wait on my slow, older brother to show up before I can eat. Lame.” Said Em.

We ordered pizza and drinks. While Em talked our heads off, I noticed Derek. He looked like he was deep in thought. “Are you alright?” I asked him. “Hmm? Yea, I’m good. Just thinking about some stuff.” He said to me while looking at Jack.  “Oh. Do you want to go somewhere and talk about it?” I asked. He said, “No, we’ll talk later. It’s your birthday. You do want you want today.” Em said to Derek while trying not to laugh, “You know she does whatever she wants regardless if it’s her birthday or not.” We all laugh and agree. Jack is being quiet. I wonder if he’s figured it out yet. About me and Derek hacking into Torchwood’s computers.