Luck

Jayla's pov

OH MY GOD  I am partners with Maya Smith; the girl I a have had crush on since freshmen year when I first saw her. I've never had the balls to go talk to her which is kind of weird, because I'm a flirt. I have been with about 40% of the female population in this school on the down low so I approach almost anyone. I never understood why she was so different.

"BIIIIITCH" my best friend Nime yelled to me as I walked in the classroom. When you first look at him you would think he was straight. He's 6'2 and he beats me by 7 inches, he's brown skin, muscular, big brown eyes, and he has his hair braided in a new design every two weeks. Looking at him you would think he's a typical nigga but he's gay.

"What do you want Ni-Ni?" I asked setting my stuff down.

"I think I'm in love."

"Who is it now?" every week he's in love with someone.

"Keyon" he said holding his heart "he's the one. He is soooo damn sexyyyyyy, like god had to be thinking of me when he made him like yes boo."

"Boy you stupid." I said while laughing "but guess what."

"You and Beyoncé are getting married and you're inviting me to the wedding"

"Hell I wish but no it's something more realistic." He just looked at me with a confused look, "I talked to Maya and she's my science partner. We get to sit together for the rest of the year." Ni-Ni look at me with a shocked expression.

"Oh and I gave her my number." I said trying to sound nonchalant.

"Wait, wait are we talking about the same Maya that you had a crush on since Freshmen year?" I nod "The same Maya that you make me see in every school play just so you can an have excuse to stare at her?"

" I do not stare" I replied back defiantly.

"Well whatever. Anyways how did it go, did you faint like last time?"

I looked at him with the "I'ma kill you if you dont shut up" look "No nigga I didn't faint. "

The bell rung signaling that it was lunch. I have lunch the last period of school. Most likely I could go home if I wanted to but something was telling me to go. On my way I was pulled into an empty classroom, and someone's lips were smashed against mine. After our heated make-out session we take a breathe and I look to see it was Danny.

"Hi Jayla."

"Why are you back?"

"What I can't come see my QUEEN?"