Chapter 20

Read at your own risk

" Are you coming with us, Xairill?" Xiv's Mom asked him. They're already leaving with Cali.

After Xiv threw me that question, I didn't got the chance to answer him. Well, hindi ko rin naman alam kung ano ang isasagot ko sa kanya. I mean, we just got back together. And there's still Cali's Mom. I know they're annuled already pero paano na lamang si Cali? Does Cali even wants me to be his father's wife?

Xiv looked at me as if asking me if he should go home with them.

"You should go home," I told him but instead, he wrap his arms around my waist.

"But I still want to stay with you."

"Go," I said kaya naman wala na siyang nagawa pa kundi ang sumama sa mga magulang niya at anak.

Nang makaalis sila ay mabilis akong nagtungo sa kwarto ko. I don't want to be bombarded with their questions so I immediately escape them. But once my back hit my bed, someone knock on my door.

"Can I come in?"

It was my Mom. Hindi ako sumagot kaya naman pumasok na lamang siya.

"I can see your eyes twinkling," nakangiting sabi nito at naupo sa tabi ko. "You're happy."

"I think I am," nakangiting sabi ko. "But there's still a nagging feeling inside me. Alam ko namang annuled na sila, Mom pero paano naman si Cali?"

"Mae, hindi naman kailangang ikaw mismo ang nagluwal kay Cali para maging isang ina ka sa kanya. Yes, you can't replace Cali's birth mother, but you can be his mother, too. You can still love him like your own."

"And I do love him, Mom."

"Then be happy. What's between Xairill and Emily was already over and Cali is the only tie that connects them. Emily is the one who let Xairill go. When you left and Xairill thought it was all over between the two of you, Xairill tried to fix their marriage, but you can never fix something that was already broken in the first place. So it was Emily who decided to continue their annulment."

Tumayo na ito at hinalikan ako sa noo.

"Your Father and I were happy to see you like this. Thank you, anak."

Then she left my room and left me staring at the ceiling in thoughts of what Xiv ask me earlier. If he will ask me again, may maisasagot na ba ako sa kanya? Ever since I admitted to  myself that I'm inlove with him, I dream of walking down the aisle while he was waiting for me at the altar.

I continued staring at my ceiling for few more minutes before going to the bathroom. I trace the lovebites that Xiv left in my body. Wala atang parte ng katawan ko ang hindi nadaanan ng labi niya. I blushed on that thought. I think it took me 30 minutes in the bathroom and nearly got an heart attack when I saw him sitting in my bed.

"What are you doing here?!"

"I want to see you. I miss you, Belle," he said at lumapit sa akin. Napahigpit ako ng hawak sa towel na tanging tumatakip sa katawan ko.

"Halos ilang oras palang mula nang umuwi kayo. Alam ba nina Mom na nandito ka?"

"Nope. I sneak into your bedroom's window," he said with a playful smirk on his lips. He tuck some lose strands of my hair behind my ear.

"Pwedi naman tayong magkita bukas after ng interview ko, Xiv," I said and went to my closet to pick some clothes while Xiv is following me from behind.

"But I miss you already."

I can't help but roll my eyes for his clinginess.

"You're just here an hour ago," I said again.