11. sleep is for the weak

"Taeyong hyung, I have to say something

"Taeyong hyung, I have to say something." Jaehyun stopped to take a breath. "I have wanted to tell you this since ages. Since agesss. But you, you fucking unicorn, it's like I look at you and I can't think of words to say. Do you realize how it must feel? Because you're adorable and when you smile, I swear it messes up my head. And heart. My poor heart. It's so scary because you confuse me so much. Like when you hug me is it a i-like-you-dongsaeng kind of hug or i-like-like-you kind of hug? Give me a clue, Taeyong. Give me a clue because if you don't catch the elephant it will fly away."

Taeyong and Johnny had been talking about random things—ursa major, butterscotch ice-cream, the number ten, mauve hair, Chicago, rap lines—when Jaehyun had made his grand entry. Tripping over Johnny's backpack on the floor, Jaehyun had started spouting some of the weirdest things about elephants and unicorns but Taeyong felt his heart go wild when he heard Jaehyun's confession.

He lay in bed, heart hammering; the room dark. It was Johnny who laughed finding Jaehyun's words hilariously cute. When he practically ran out of the room, Jaehyun went quiet and Taeyong got up, sitting against the wall.

He was still quiet, unconsciously holding his breath as he tried to calm his hammering heart.

"Taeyong?" Jaehyun asked in the dark, stumbling towards his side of the room. "Why is it so dark here? Usually the room lights up when you walk in. Tee-hee."

Taeyong let out the breath he was holding. "Jaehyun-ah." He couldn't help but laugh. "What is happening to you?"

"You're awake!?" Jaehyun said, excitedly, walking in the direction of his voice.

Taeyong said, "Yeah, Johnny and I were just talking."

"Great," Jaehyun said, climbing into Taeyong's bed. "Let's talk."

"T-talk?"

"Yeah, aren't you going to say something, you cutie?" Jaehyun asked. His eyes had by now accustomed to the dark and he could see Taeyong's silhouette. He tapped Taeyong's knee. "You know, I'll understand if you don't feel the same way. All I want is an answer. Haechan said it's very important to freestyle."

"No, no." Taeyong smiled. "It's not that...umm, you're really drunk."

"I am?"

"Yes," Taeyong said. "Like maybe we should talk about this when you're sober? What if you wake up tomorrow and realize this was the alcohol talking? It would...break my heart."

"I am 98.9537% sure I am sober right now. Beside I want to kiss you all the time. I'm pretty sure of that."

Taeyong spluttered. "Uh, Jae..." He could feel his face heating up and he had no idea what was happening except that this was either the best night of his life or a really wild dream.

"Oh my, I have such a horrible headache. I think I should sleep. Maybe this is a really great dream," Jaehyun said as he lay down comfortably on the bed.