Nineteen

A/N:
Please don't hate me after this chapter; this story hasn't ended yet, there are plenty more chapters left after this.

...

I looked cautiously in the mirror, curving my lips when I saw my reflection. Similarly to yesterday, Katherine and I looked good, the difference was, this time, we were styled properly. Due to much protesting and a slap-fight, I wore my hair in loose waves. I had earlier made attempts to convince Katherine to let me wear a helmet to symbolize Athena, the Goddess of war and wisdom, but she insisted it would make my face look like a chipmunk. In the end, I was forced to agree. She had a wicked strong grip, and if I hadn't, my entire arm would have been covered with Indian rope burns.

"Look at us, we're so ready for this." My best friend gushed, flicking a stray lock of my brunette hair back in place.

"We're not ready until you promise me you won't force me into doing body shots again." I crossed my arms.

"Seriously, you're bringing this up five minutes before we're leaving." She rolled her eyes. Even though the body shots experience I had previously endeavered wasn't bad -- at all-- I was still reluctant to participate in any sort of activity. I wanted to be in charge of myself.

"I could have waited until we got there." I sassed, locking my jaw. She had better agree to this, otherwise, I would not step foot inside that party.

"You're so stubborn." She waved me off, chucking a pair of silver heels on.

"Say it. Say you promise." I leaned against my dresser, ignoring the grimace on Katherine's face. She was the one being stubborn.

"Fine, I solemnly swear on the life of my heels that I, Katherine Amaro, will not force Raelynn Littllefield to subject herself to the life that is body shots."

"How deep of you." I batted my eyelashes, snorting lightly to myself. My laugh was oh so attractive.

"You could have just said thank you, but since I'll assume you were thinking it, you're welcome." She blew me a kiss. "Anyway, we should get going. The party started over an hour ago, and I really need some cheap beer."

"Quality taste you got there." I chortled, grabbing my car keys from the edge of the beareau. "I think you're just excited to see Ashton. What's he going as by the way?"

"A My Little Pony." Katherine said dryly.

"Wait, really?' I squealed. "I should have gone as one too!"

"No, I actually don't know. He said something about going as some rocker dude." She laughed. "You got way too excited for a minute there."

"Doesn't he always dress as some rocker dude?"

"Yeah." Katherine mused. "Costumes usually aren't as important for the guys. They either go as nothing or go in their underwear."

"I can't wait." I deadpanned. Plenty of the guys at my school had ultimate manboobs, and I certainly was not looking forward to seeing that up close. If I just stuck to my friends, hopefully I wouldn't have to. Luke should go shirtless.

My mom stopped us on the way to my car, directing me to be home no later than eleven. I smiled and nodded at her, shooting a thumbs up, even though we all knew it wasn't going to happen, I was Katherine's ride, and it was going to take me at least an extra hour to get her to leave. A part of me hoped the party animal in my mom understood. My car honked in the driveway as I unlocked the door and climbed in. Immediately after the key was in the ignition, my Pierce the Veil album came on blasting. Katherine eyed me. I knew making her listen was just going to make her wreak havoc on me later, so I opted for a classic rock station. It was hard to hate the classics like the Rolling Stones.