We push past some people to get to the place and we get into it. It wasn't too busy.
  "What do you want?" He asked.
  "Vanilla" I reply.
  "Simple" he replies.
  "Yeah, sorry because my clothes aren't simple doesn't mean I'm not" I say. He was still holding my hand.
  "Believe me you aren't simple" he laughs.
  "Whatever."
  "Cone or cup?" He asked. We had finished our coffees and thrown them out. Can't believe we're getting ice cream already but whatever. Everyone loves ice cream.
  "Cone" I reply.
  "Ok, you can go sit I'll order" he tells me.
  "Here I'll give you some money" I pull out my wallet.
  "No I'm fine" e shakes his head.
  "Dude, you aren't paying for everything" I said.
  "I just won't take it" he says.
  "Geez Fine" I said. "Thanks."

I go and sit down while he waited in the small line. It was nice so far. I tap my fingers on the table just looking around the place. Thank god the date hasn't gone to shit.

  "Here" sam sits down minutes later handing me my ice cream cone.
  "Thanks" I take it. "Simple" I said to him because he got vanilla also.
  "Yeah, I'm simple" he chuckles.
  "Mm" I nod. "I don't know if you can be simple while living in New York" I state.
  "Thanks true" he nods.
  "I know it is" I reply.
  "But, I just moved here so," he says.
  "That's true" I laugh.
  "So... I have a question" he says.
  "That's scary" I say. He smiles.
  "Nah, it's fine... maybe. So... first thing, this is what you were not gonna tel me right? Cause you said ruin the friendship?" He asked.
  "Oh yeah" I nod.
  "Cool... that was not the question," he lets out a laugh. "I fucking hate dates to start this off, so how many dates do you want to go on before we can like date... date?" He asked.
  "Oh my god I hate dates too, they're annoying" I laugh. "I don't know, none just hang out, I honestly don't care about dates."
  "Yeah good, I was not ready to plan more dates. It's not a vibe" he says.
  "Yeah that's fine" I laugh. I just got awkward. Oh god.
  "Hav you been to the Empire State Building?" He asked randomly.
  "No" I laugh. "Why?"
  "It's just a thing in New York. You've been here what 17 years" he laughs shrugging.
  "Yeah, still haven't been" I reply.
  "Yeah we should do that some time" he nods
  "We shall" I lick my ice cream. "Ice cream is too sexual when it shouldn't be" I said. He laughs.
  "Why?" he asks.
  "C'mon, you know why. It's hard to lick this without it looking too sexual" I state letting out a laugh cause I sound like a fool.
  "That's sick of you to think, ice cream's an innocent food. Let it be innocent" he says and I laugh again.
  "You know what, a girl could easily turn a guy on from licking an ice cream cone the wrong way... don't at me on this" I say. I stand on my thoughts right now.
  "Ok, maybe" he nods.
  "Not maybe, yes" i say he chuckles.
  "Are you just trying to seduce me Jo?" He asked.
  "Only if you want to be" I shrug he laughs.
  "Yeah, everyday" he smiles.
  "That's a lot of work, every second day."
  "I'll deal" he jokes back.
  "We really know how to keep a joke lasting for an hour and a half don't we?" I scoff.
  "Hey, I wasn't joking!" he says I roll my eyes.
  "I was" I reply.

~

  "Oh! I know where to go to eat this pizza, my dad took me here sometimes when I was younger" I said. "But, we gotta get back to the car, head back to New York, New York" I said. We ordered a pizza then were gonna find a place to eat now we've got one.
  "That's fine" he nods. "Let's get going to the car though, we've got a small walk" he says I nod. it was 6:30 so we've been out for 3 and a half hours.

We start making our way to the car talking as we walked. Sam was holding the pizza. It was just past rush hour, cars were starting to settle. Still busy.

When we got to the car, it took us 30 minutes but we survived. I put in the address of the place and he started driving to the place.

We climb up the ladder of the broken down school building. I went up first when I got up on the roof I took the pizza from Sam to help him.
  "So, why did your dad take you here? It's nice" he said as we stood there for a second. We go and sit down by the edge.
  "My mom and him used to come here" I said.
  "You know all the good broken down parts of this city" he says. I open the pizza we got a large, large here are giant. It smelt like heaven though.
  "Yeah, thanks to my parents" I laugh we take a piece.
  "Surprisingly it's calming up here, even while hearing sirens and cars" he laughs.
  "Yeah, pretty sure it's the view that does that" I nod eating. "By the way, had a good time."
  "Yeah, I did too" he nods.
  "Sorry i was kind of a sucky tour guide" I laugh. "I'm not even that good with the city although I've been here my whole life" I said.
  "Probably more fun than a real tour guide though" he states.
  "Yeah, I mean probably" I say he laughs.
  "I got another question?" he states.
  "Sam, you've been asking questions the whole time" I laugh, "What is it?"
  "Did this beat Dylan's date?" He asked.
  "Definitely, Dylan took me out for like lunch walked around for another hour then that's all" I say.

  "What I wanted" he grins. "Ok! I promise one last question, this is the last one" he says with a smile.
  "Yeah what is it?" I roll my eyes with a smile on my face, he chuckles. I look at him.
  "Can I kiss you?" he asks. Wow. This is.... oh god. What if I suck at it. I open my mouth to talk but nothing comes out. JO!! God i'm a fool. But before I was even able to say anything else his lips were on mine. I was probably frozen but then I kissed him back. He moved in closer putting his hand on my cheek. And honestly, I was quaking. He was a good ass kisser. I'm not even lying. I definitely do not want to pull away from this. But I mean, logically speaking, we have to. So we did.
  "Sorry, you didn't answer, so I took that as a yes" he said slightly breathless.
  "Yeah, that's fine," I look away. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit. What's wrong with me? I was not like this with Dylan. I guess it just wasn't genuine with him.

We stay silent for a bit more. But honestly it wasn't awkward. I was super happy about that. I smiled to myself so he couldn't see. Thing's were coming together now. I wanted to kiss him again, badly honestly.
  "I got a question for you now" I said he chuckles. "What would you do if I threw this pizza off this building?" I asked.
  "I would be actually really mad" he laughed. "First of all there's more than half the pizza left, and that's a waist of money" he tells me.
  "Yeah, that's really sad" I nod.
  "Why ask that?" He asked with a small laugh.
  "I was curious" I look over the edge leaning a bit.
  "Wow, chill out there, it'll be even worse with you falling off" he pull me back to sit down.
  "I'm fine" I said he rolls his eyes.
  "You aren't when you're lying on the pavement knocked out" he says.
  "Then good thing I'm not" I reply.
  "Maybe you would be if I didn't help you."
  "I don't think I was that far over, so I think I would've been fine" I say.
  "You gotta have the last word all the time don't you?" he says shaking his head. I could tell he was holding back a grin.
  "Yeah" I said.
  "You're also a smart-ass" he says.
  "I know that too Sam, nothing can get to me" I give him a sly smile. He bites his lip looking away. Well honestly... that was hot. "Now you got nothing to say."
  "I have things to say" he says.
  "Oh, okay" I nod. We stare at each other. He grabs my hand pulling me closer then kissing me again. And of course, I liked it. A lot.

~

When I got home that night. I was happy, I went up to my room and I was giddy, and happy. I fell on my bed happily and thinking about Sam the whole night.

************************************

A/N

GUYS!! I hope you enjoy this chapter, I loved writing it. And JAM is finally a thing, I hope you're happy and finally fully satisfied with it!! Cause I am!! Tell me your thoughts and enjoy guys AHH!! Xoxo.

-Jana🤙🏽