CHAPTER 6 THE TRUTH COMES OUT

CHAPTER 6

When I wake up, I examine my surroundings. It must be around ten o'clock in the morning. The bright sunlight glows through the curtains in large rays. I could feel the silk of the pajamas that I was wearing, and the softness of the warm bed I was in. I sink back into the bed and let the warmth envelop me. Then it hit me- this isn't my bed... my eyes flew open to survey my surroundings once more. My eyes soon fall apon Ella, slumped in an arm chair beside the bed I was now laying in. Where am I? I don't remember going home last night. I thought about leaving her to sleep, but apparently my mouth had other ideas. "Ella?" her name left my mouth before I could stop myself. My hands instantly flew to cover my mouth. She moves and makes a few whines before her eyes fly open as well. "Lillian! Are you okay? How are you feeling? I'm sorry" she says drowsily. I pause trying to choose the right things to say. "All I know is that the punch must have been spiked, I think I was hallucinating" I giggle, but she doesn't take my joke lightly. She frowns "The punch wasn't spiked Lill" she says in a low voice. "It must have been a dream then, cause I set Ky on fire? And then I met this guy who turned this tree to gold, and then produced a tiger out of thin air...." All of a sudden a dark form jumps onto the bed. I rub my eyes a few times and when my vision clears I see the tiger. I sit there for a second. "Blaze?" He nuzzles me with his face. "Ella, I'm so confused. Are you saying that what happend last night was real? Are- are you saying that you knew? Dean, Dean said that everyone here has powers. Is that true? Did you tell my mother, does she know where I am?" A million questions continue to spill out of my mouth. I couldn't stop them, I didn't want to. I was confused, and hurt, and I wanted answers.

Blaze nuzzled me again and I sat there petting him, stoking his fur. Funny, my only comfort came in the form of a tiger. Ella sighed, "Yes, I did know" those words struck me but she continued. "I've known since before I knew you personally. I can control minds and see... things, things others can't. Your mother has known all along as well. Your father had the same powers as you do. I told her that you were here" she paused. "She needed to know. Your mother raised you away from all of this to keep you safe, Lillian. I don't agree with her taking you away from this, but I agree with her wanting to protect you. We all knew one day that your powers would come out, but she wanted it to be later, rather than sooner" she stopped, letting it all sink in. I just sat there. It was actually pretty easy to understand, but it hurt, it really hurt. I always knew that something was being kept from me. Why hadn't my father told me? I guess he assumed I was too young to understand and he died before he had the chance to tell me. "So... what happens now?" I ask, afraid of the response. "Well, you ca-" she started but someone knocked on the door. "Come in" Ella called to the door.

It opened slightly, and Cassidy slipped in. She walked towards us "Hey Lillian, how are you feeling?" she had a sincere look on her face, but her voice was as bubbly as the night before. "I'm alright... I guess. Thanks." She smiled "that's good. Oh,... you kind of need to get ready. Cienna wants to see you." I froze "me?" I asked, frightened. She giggled "Oh lighten up, she's not going to hurt you. Now get ready" Cassidy smiled. Ella stood "there's a closet over there and a bathroom next to it. We'll wait outside. Call me if you need anything", she smiled, Pushing Cassidy towards the door. " Bye" Cassidy calls back, a full grin on her face.

I slid out of the bed and instantly felt a chill as my feet touched the cold polished stone floor. Wrapping my arms around myself, I walk to the closet. I expected a small closet behind the doors, instead I found a room the size of my bedroom lined with all different kinds of clothes. Dresses, pants, shirts, silk night gowns, shoes, jackets, et cetera. I pick out a black dress with lace sleeves and brown boots that reached my knee with a two inch heel. I put them on and walk into the bathroom to continue getting ready. The bathroom was two times the size of the closet containing a large bath tub, a glass shower, a make up table, toilet, sink and full length mirror with a cabinet behind it. Wow.