"I'm sorry I didn't mean toㅡ"

"That's fine. I used it to pay for your drinks." She said dismissively.

"Oh, thanks."

She extended a hand towards me. "So, I'm Son Jiyoo, by the way."

I took her hand and shook it. "Yeo Changgu. You probably already know that."

She nodded and pulled her hand back after it lingered for a second longer than necessary. She cleared her throat. "Yeah, I saw your ID. I'm gonna be straightforward with you, Changgu-ssi. You can't end up sleeping in my small apartment everytime you get drunk."

I sighed, rubbing my hands on my face. "Yeah, I know. I'm really sorry. This is the last time. I... I promise."

"You don't have to promise me anything. Justㅡjust drink what you can take, okay? What are you doing in Seoul anyway?"

"I... visited an old friend."

"Your ex."

My eyes widened. "How did youㅡ"

She grinned slightly. "Look, you don't even remember things. What if people take advantage of you here in Seoul?"

As soon as the food reaches down, my stomach began swirling. I looked at Jiyoo in horror. I covered my mouth andㅡ"Oh gosh. The bathroom is the door across the bed." She immediately said. I ran and kneeled down in front of the toilet where I vomited what I ate.

I threw my head back and sighed before flushing the toilet. I looked around and sighed again in relief when I found the whole bathroom is actually clean. When I came out, Jiyoo was waiting for me with a clean towel in hand. "Here. I thought you might need it."

I tried to smile again. "Thanks."

"You should... wash up a bit." She said before turning her back on me.

I went back to the bathroom and washed my face and rinsed my mouth. I was trying to fix my hair in front of the mirror when my eyes caught a reflection of something behind meㅡdark pink bras hung by the heater. I chuckled, shaking my head. And then there were urgent knocks on the door. "Ohmygod! Hey! Are you done? I need to use the bathroom!" Jiyoo said in panic.

I opened the door with a nonchalant face. "I'm doneㅡ" She almost shoved me out of the bathroom. I grinned and watched her shut the door on my face. After a while, she came back panting.

"Sorry. It was really urgent. You didn't see anything, did you?"

I blinked innocently. "Like what?"

She grinned widely. "Nothing!"

Jiyoo's place is small. It doesn't even have a bedroom with a door. She has no TV or couch too. It makes me wonder how she lives her life off her job. "Do you have friends here you can crash to?" she asked me.

"Yeah, I do, actually."

"Maybe leave their address just in case you wind up in the bar again?"

I probably trust her because she took me in twice. I nodded. "Okay, I'll leave it to you... but I really think it's the last time." I said and I meant it.