T w e n t y - s e v e n ( 1.5)

Start from the beginning

Wife: That don't mean I don't want to be with you. Aubrey I just want to lay my head on your chest, and listen to your heart beat.

Wife: You are the sweetest thing I've ever known, I'm going to get it together. I'm going to get you to forgive me, just don't give up on me yet baby. I need you more than anything.

Wife: Man fucc Aubrey, I'm tired of begging just forgive me.

Wife: So you finna ignore a nigga? Keep that same energy.

Wife: Wait, no, I'm sorry girl. You know a nigga get a little crazy some times, you got my head running a mile a minute.

Wife: DID YOU FUCCIN BLOCC ME?!

Dave tossed his phone realizing the other messages were no longer going through.

"That fucking Aubrey."

Aubrey had finally got the twins to sleep but she could only wish her babies were up

Aubrey had finally got the twins to sleep but she could only wish her babies were up. They kept her mind off East to an extent. Landon looked so much like his father, it was almost scary.

She wanted to answer his text messages back, but she just couldn't give into the temptation. She wanted him to learn his lesson. To appreciate her, and not take her love for granted.

Aubrey knew her worth, but this time she decided to throw some taxes on it. She couldn't see how her happiness and life went tumbling down after one night. How someone who laid beside her every night, and shared I love you's with could treat her so bad. Could do her dirty.

Aubrey also decided to take a mini break from overly talking to Danny and Zoie. Somehow she found herself talking about Dave, when their friendship was much more than just her relationship problems. She was so happy for her friends and their engagement. Their love was the truest, and between their two outspoken personalities they never held back on what they felt was problematic in their relationship.

She could only wish Dave would have done that instead of going to cheat on her.

Aubrey often kept the things in her relationship a secret, like the arguments they had. They hate that Dave spat because she never wanted anyone to look at him in a different limelight. This time it was different, it was so... public.

No one knew the pain that she went through with Dave, the lead to attempting suicide because he wanted to throw her parents death in her face. She kept that bottled up for love. It was time for her to let go and let God. 

The sad truth of it all was she was still in love with David. She could enter his presence and feel the same butterfly feeling as when they first met, and she hated it. She hated the way she loved him, she hated the way she wanted him to make love to her. She hated herself for going to Miami in the first place.

For not telling him no the moment he crawled in bed with her. She hated the way her body melted into his arms and fit so perfectly.

She hated loving him.

Aubrey laid back, turning her phone back on she stared at the lock screen in front of her. She admired a picture of her and Dave on her lock screen.

Biting down on her bottom lip, she laughed at how Dave moods changed. Not paying a lick of attention to her baby father.

Maybe she was caving in. Maybe it was time to get her family back together. If the dinner went as well as she hoped, she was going to make her family one again and she was more than excited to start rekindling something that was once so beautiful.

Maybe she would get looked at as weak, or dumb but she just couldn't throw away something so special. She saw so much in her marriage, she felt so much in her marriage, in their relationship.

In a way, it wasn't about the kids. They would always have their father around no matter what. A two parent home never mattered if the home was broken, if the home was toxic. They could get over not having mommy and daddy in the same house, they couldn't get over seeing mommy and daddy argue and fight everyday.

So, this was about the love she still had for Dave, the want she still had for Dave.

Their relationship may not work out in the long run, and maybe they had to put things on hold but it'll be worth it.

The wedding specifically, Aubrey had everything she wanted picked out now the wedding planner just had to put her vision into reality. Her venue was set. The downside of this whole thing was the groom and bride couldn't be in the same room together.

Someday they'll get it together.

and Aubrey would have her Happily Ever After.