Chapter 6 : The Call

He help me to stand up. That’s when I realized that the students a while ago were already gone.

“Since when did you like to hug a floor ? Tch. If you want something to hug, you can just ask me you know.”My tears answered him. I can’t help but to cry. Yes, I have a high fighting spirit, but I’m also soft-hearted. I burst out into tears, and hugged him, not even caring that he is Ivan. That’s right. Ivan, a rich, handsome, boastful but kind-hearted guy I know.

“Sshh … Stop crying. Don’t worry, I’m here.”

I don’t know why he’s doing this for me. He wiped my tears and looked at me directly to the eye. Our face are just inches away.

“If you don’t stop crying… “He wiped my tears again. They just can’t stop flowing. Tsss.

“I’ll kiss them away for you. “And just by that, its like my tear glands locked. He can still joke around at a time like this! Well that’s Ivan alright.

“Hahaha. Just joking. Atleast you already stopped crying.”Oh yeah. He’s right.

“Are you a magician or what ?,”I said with a chuckle.

“I’m not a magician. I’m not a wizard. “He said while moving closer to me. What is he doing now ?! Its giving me goosebumps !

“I’m just a …”Uh-oh only centimetres away and we’re about to kiss ! I can’t move ! I can’t breath !

5 centimetres away …

3 centimeters …

2 centimeters …

I just closed my eyes and just waited for what is going to happen.

“Joker ! “Eh ? I opened my eyes. He’s already leaning against the wall and laughing. What the ?

“Hahahahha ! You’re face was epic ! It’s priceless ! Hahaha ! “

“Uggh ! I hate you ! “Nah, I didn’t mean it. Haha.

“Why ? Are you expecting me to kiss you ? “He stopped laughing and walk towards me. Now we’re facing one each other. And take note, inches away from each other, again.

“No way ! “I pushed him. I can’t take it ! Is he seducing me ? Like, eww !

“Hahah! I told you. I’m a joker. “

“Whatever, let’s go to our room already. “We went to our classroom together after that.

It feels like the class ended shortly. Our last subject teacher dismissed us.

I am now in the front gate of our school waiting for Yani. She told me that we’re going to meet here and walk home together. She is also living in the compound owned by Ivan.

“Kristen ! There you are ! “Yani greeted me happily. Wow, seems like she’s in a good mood.

“Hey Yani ! What’s up ? “

“I have something to tell you ! “Then she grabbed me and we started walking.

“So what’s it about ? “I asked her.

“Remember my crush since we we’re in high school ?”Hmmm…. Oh I remember him. Yani was crazy for him since then.

“Well what’s with him ? “

“Kyaaa! He confessed to me a while ago. He told me that he liked me since we we’re in high school and he only had a courage to tell that to me today ! A dream come true right ?! “Yani is very happy. She’s jumping, screaming, and whatsoever. Haha !

“Wow ! Good for you ! “

“So what about you ? How’s that Ivan guy ?”

“Well he’s nice. “I told her.

“Is that all ? “A grin appeared on her face.

“What do you mean ? “

“Oh I don’t know. Think about it. “I can’t understand her, really.

“Eh ? Can you go straight to the point ? “

“Look, I was expecting that you’ll tell me that he’s annoying or something like that. But instead you just told me that he’s nice. Well, isn’t that suspicious ? “Now, I know what she’s thinking. She really knew me. I can’t hide anything from her.

“Okay, I give up. Something happened earlier. “I started.

“Then ? “

“I stumbled. “Tsk. I don’t want to be detailed as possible. It was so embarrassing!

“That’s it ? “She asked disappointedly.

“No, there’s more.”

“Tell the climax already!”

“It’s not obvious that you’re excited to hear it, eh ?”I said sarcastically.

“Stop the intro go to the exciting part ! “Hahaha. She looks like a kid begging for candy.

“Okay, okay.”So I told her everything, including the way Ivan played a joke on me. And her reaction ? She just laugh all the way home, louder and worse than Ivan.

When I got home, I did my assignments first. Then I cooked our dinner and of course, eat.

I’m now lying on my bed. I’m still thinking about what happened earlier. I can’t believe that Ivan saved me from those students. I didn’t realized that he is that nice. And I think … I think … I’m starting to like him. He has it all. He has the looks and the attitude, in short all that my ideal crush have ! I was about to sleep when my phone suddenly rang. Somebody texted me. Hmm, I wonder who it is.

A smile formed on my face when I opened my message.

From: Ivan (I changed his name in my contacts a while ago. Hehe.)

I’m looking forward for your pancakes tomorrow. Good night Kristen.

It is the first time that he called me by my name. My heart beats so fast. Now, I’m sure. Ican’t believe I’m saying this but, I already like him.

I replied to his message.

To: Ivan

Haha. Sure! By the way, I forgot to thank you earlier. So THANK YOU. Good night.

After few minutes, he texted back.

From: Ivan

Wow ! I’m so proud of you ! You had two achievements in one day !

Eh ? What is he talking about ?

To : Ivan

What do you mean ?

He replied quickly.

From: Ivan

First, you learned how to apologize. Now, you learned how to say thank you.

Psh. What the ?

To : Ivan

Whatever. Just sleep.

I placed my phone on the side table. I closed my eyes, but after few minutes, my phone rang again. Someone’s calling me. I answer the call while my eyes are still closed.

“Who’s this ? “I asked.

“I’m a joker, remember? “I automatically sat down after hearing his voice. It was Ivan.

“What do you want now ? “

“Is that a proper way to greet me ? “

“I’m going to sleep.”I’m sleepy, for Pete’s sake !

“Wait ! I have something to tell you. “

“What ? Hurry up !”

“I like you !”Then he ended the call.

What did he just say ? He likes me ? I heard it loud and clear ! Kyaaa ! I can’t believe this ! I don’t think I can sleep now. Gee Ivan ! Why are you like that !