Chapter 2: Feeler

I went home after a long day in school. I can’t believe he goes to the same school as me.

“Heyy Kristennn!” I hear Denise rushing to see me in the dark hallway of the apartment complex. The hallway has lights, but the gap between them is a few meters, making it look dark and scary.

“Hey, If you’d ask, school was fine. I met someone I didn’t expect to.” I told the truth that I met the guy from the roof yesterday, but I never told her why was I in that roof. We went inside our unit to do our homework. Reyah is already done with studies so she just hangs around with friends in mall and such. She isn’t really here except for weekends.

“That Ivan guy sounds kind. Why don’t you ask him his unit number?” I’m not really interested.

Then my phone rang.

“Hey nerd from the roof, do you like me, because why were you in my school?”

Ugh what!?

“I chose that school well before I knew you, feeler.”

“Haha no need for denial, I’m free.”

“Shuddup, feeler.”

I ended the call promptly.

“Who was that?” Denise asked me

“That Ivan guy now calls me ‘nerd from the roof’ for some reason, and he thinks I like him. Ugh” I just let out a sigh. It’s already 9 o clock and I have yet to do my homework, so after the lengthy conversation, I sat down to search for what the teacher told us to search.

After that, I went to bed so I won’t be late.

The next day, it was raining, so I brought with me a hoodie jacket.

At school, I once again saw him.

“Hey nerd, are you stalking me??” He asked embarrassingly loudly.

I hear some laugh from afar.

“Hey feeler, I never had a thing for people that are feelers.” I hope this reverts that inane mockery that he did.

“You don’t have to deny” He said with a smirk.

I just ignored him the whole day to focus on what the teachers were discussing to us.

It was dismissal time and I was about to leave the room, when Feeler decided to smirk at me again.

“Can’t you just leave me alone already!?!?” I decided to yell at him disregarding everyone else in the room.

I quickly stormed off outside so I can ride to a jeep quickly before it rains again.

But before I got to the waiting area, I hear a familiar voice.

“Kristen, want to go to the mall?” It’s Yani, my BFF since high school.

“Sure, It would be nice to hang around again with you” I said with a quick grin.

So we rode a jeepney to the mall.