Introduction

Yu Hao had lived a lavish life.

Aside from his rough upbringing in a breaking and broken household, he had endured the abuse well. He had watched every night as his drunk father hit his mother until she was crying and bloodied, and then his father would start going for him.

At least, that's what he told the press.

Yu Hao's father had actually left long before his memories started. He never suffered from it, as his mother acted as both father and mom. She was the greatest, in his eyes. Even though, when he started lying for fame, she stopped talking to him.

Yu Hao was famous. He was, in fact, one of the beat volleyball players in the world. The best in China. Maybe even the best in Asia.

That would have been great, amazing even... if Xia Yu Hao wasn't a huge douchebag to anyone and everyone he came across. Except for girls he wanted to hook up with.

Xia Yu Hao was such a douchebag that, after his mother stopped talking to him, his solution was to send her money.

And money.

And money.

And more money. Until he had sent her enough money that she didn't even need to work.

But Mrs. Xia refused to accept money from her terribly self-centred son, and continued to work.

Anyway, he was living quite a life. A couple years ago, he was humble and proud of being an athlete, but recently, that had changed.

He showed up late to practice constantly, or didn't go at all, because he had stayed up late partying. He loved to get drunk, try all new types of drugs, and take home as many girls as he pleased.

Even when his coach threatened to kick him off the Chinese team, he shrugged it off, knowing there was no way they would kick out the best player.

Until, the day they actually did.

Not because he was lazy, but because Xia Yu Hao drove drunk and crashed his car into a fire hydrant.

The force broke his leg, and did permanent damage to his knee.

And the crash... it did permanent damage to his reputation.

•••

And then, there was Zi Xuan.

Compared to Yu Hao, Zi Xuan was an angel.

Graduating university the top of his class, Zi Xuan was a great athlete and amazing coach. He had weak knees, and so he couldn't play volleyball, so he had taken up swimming in his spare time. He wore circle rimmed glasses that framed warm brown eyes, and most of the time, he wore button up shirts that reached his mid-bicep. He was a family guy, often visiting home, which was a couple of hours away from where he coached.

He took care of his little sister, Qian Rui, who was going to university very close to where he lived. They lived together, although he was 26, and she was 22.

She often tried to find Zi Xuan a girlfriend, or at least get him to go out with someone, anyone, really. But it was impossible. He was highly committed to coaching, and most of the time he refused to go out.

He would rather stay inside and watch the latest volleyball game or competition, studying his favourite player, Xia Yu Hao.

Zi Xuan loved to teach kids. It was his passion to teach swimming and volleyball to little kids, and since he was good at it, he made a great amount of money from it.

Zi Xuan was nothing like Yu Hao. He was humble and careful in his ways.

Little did he know, soon enough he would have a chance to coach his favourite player.

And what a opportunity that would be.

A/N:

Big thank you to my friend an_abstract for inspiring this story! I really hope you love reading it!

I'm changing it up a bit. Trying to challenge myself to write better. I hope I can tell this story well!

Love you all!