Chapter 7. Sith Son

When Wormie came to, he was more puzzled than frightened. Was this heaven? He blinked as white ceiling stared back at him, looking around Wormie also noticed white walls and the cleanest light grey floors he had ever seen. Surely this must be heaven, but then his memory put everything against the notion. Wormie remembered Lord Vader breaking into his cell, recalled getting picked up by the Sith when he should have been left to die.

These thoughts brought Wormie to register a steady, rhythmic mechanical breathing he had come to recognize over his time serving the Dark Lord. Warily, the boy turned his head to the only dark figure in the room, sitting in a chair as his breathing pattern indicated rest. Lord Vader was resting... Wormie stayed still so as not to came noise and awake him.

The boy was confused however. Lord Vader's behavior baffled him a great deal. Wormie was just a slave, compared to Lord Vader he might as well be the most meaningless womprat in the galaxy. Why did the Sith continue to while away his time on the poor youth? Wormie did not know...

A slight shift in the Sith's breathing pattern alerted Wormie to his waking. Startled the boy did the only thing he would think of doing; pretend to be asleep.

Vader for his part, felt rather annoyed that he had fallen asleep and slept so long according to the silver chrono on the far wall. He stood stiffly before looking to the boy. Luke's eyes were closed, but he most certainly was not asleep. Vader felt some form of amusement towards the shy boy before frowning, he would have to tutor Luke into becoming less frightened, independent and strong willed. The boy was a Skywalker, his mother the most stubborn and motivated woman in the galaxy. Surely this would be a hard, but not impossible task.

"I know you are awake Young One. You needn't be afraid of me." The Sith said gently, rewarded by the boy's eyes opening slowly, nervously though he didn't dare make eye contact with Vader.

Vader came forward and looked his son over, that same fatherly admiration filling him up as he smiled ever so slightly. "You're safe now, and Jabba is dead." He continued, earning a wide eyed look of shock from the silent boy.

When Luke did not answer Vader mentally sighed before deciding to speak again. "You needn't be scared Young One. No one will hurt you here." He tried, in an attempt to get Luke to reply. The only response however was the boy's stiffness relaxing as he listened and apparently, trusted Vader's words.

Well, that was a start, the Sith Lord supposed.

A silent few moments past before Janny gave a light knock and entered, her face lighting up when she saw Luke awake. "Ah hello Luke!" She said with a gentle, happy voice. Vader had given the boy's true name to the medics. He was Luke, not Wormie, slave or boy. Just Luke. And Luke he would remain for a long while.

The boy gave a slight smile back, since Janny seemed to have a contagious one as she came over and checked on everything before deciding Luke was alright. "Are you hungry Luke?" She asked gently, yet earning no response.

Luke instead looked to Vader, as if asking if eating was ok. Vader again resisted the urge to lash out at nothing at all. Slaves were never meant to do anything without command, and Luke had been no exception. However Vader did not offer an answer. He would not allow his son to act like a slave. Instead Vader gave off an encouraging vibe, Luke was intensely Force Sensitive, he would feel the vibe and know the decision was his own.

Luke for his part, was too frightened to try and say anything, but he was really, really hungry despite nutrients being pumped into his system. When Lord Vader said nothing and made no move to speak for Luke in denial or acceptance, the boy finally looked back to Janny and gave a small nod.

Janny smiled. "I'll get you something light." She decided before leaving quickly. She came back just as quickly as she had left, holding a sort of fruit mash, a light yet filling thing for Luke's small stomach.