22

"What do you want?" Frank asked once they made it to the nearest Starbucks. "Just a black coffee is fine" Gerard smiled sweetly. "Alright. Go find us a place to sit and I'll get us our drinks" Frank smiled back as Gerard nodded. He walked around the coffee shop eyeing the tables whilst Frank waited in the short line to the counter. 

Once Gerard found a place, he sat down, pulling his phone out, seeing a text from Mikey. 

How are you? 

I'm ok

Just ok?? this doesn't sound like the Gerard I know who does nothing except swoon when he's next to Frank. What happened?

Look, I dragged him over to Starbucks. I panicked when he put his hands under my shirt

woah, brother TMI 

Jesus Christ Mikey, we weren't gonna do anything. We just started kissing and he almost took off my shirt. I stopped him and I told him to grab lunch when I started panicking

Oh, okay... so Your chest still hurts?

Yeah, not us much as it did before but it still kinda stings

It'll soon be over dw :) Now get back to your boyfriend. Have fun, okay 

:) 

Gerard looked up from his phone to see Frank carry two drinks in his hand. He sat down as Gerard tucked his phone away in his pocket. "One black coffee.." Frank said, sliding the drink over to Gerard. "Thanks. I'll pay you back-"

"-It's okay. On me" Frank smiled up to Gerard. "Thank you" Gerard thanked him again as he took a sip out of his coffee. "So, who were you texting?" Frank asked, grabbing the paper cup filled with liquid in front of him. "Mikey. He asked is I was okay. He won't leave me alone" Gerard giggled, placing the cup back onto the table. 

"It means that he cares about you" 

"I didn't say he didn't, but he's like another version of my mum... and I'm older than him. It's just weird" He giggled again, making Frank smile. 

"Was he always this protective of you?" Frank asked, taking a sip out of his drink. "Well, before I got Sepsis, he wasn't that protective of me. Though,  when I got it, he was always there for me when my mother wasn't. He was the one cooking meals everyday. He was the one who dealt with taxes and bills. He was the only one who cared for me when I'm sick" Gerard smiled to himself. 

"He's a good brother" Frank said, looking up at Gerard's hazel eyes. 

"He is... and I love him for that"

~~~~~~

They walked to Frank's house again, holding each other's hand tightly as they walked. "Hey, umm... about the whole situation of me lifting up your shirt... uh, do you wanna talk about it?" Frank asked, looking over at Gerard. Gerard's face froze. He didn't know what to say. 

"Umm... I-I... you know what, I'm just gonna show you when we get there" Gerard said, still looking down at his feet. Frank nodded as they continued walking. 

Once they got to Frank's house, they took off their shoes again, placing them by the front door. They walked up to the junior's room and closed the door behind them. "Are you gonna tell me?" Frank asked as he sat down on his bed, eagerly waiting. Gerard walked up to Frank and stood in front of him with his arms crossed. He sighed. "Fine. Close your eyes" Gerard said as Frank did just that and covered his eyes with his hands. 

Gerard took a step back, hesitantly gripping the hem of his shirt as he lifted it over his head, taking it off. He glanced at himself in the mirror, debating on whether he should tell him or not. He breathed in and out deeply, looking at Frank again. "Open your eyes" Gerard said. 

Frank took his hands away from his eyes and opened his eyelids, seeing Gerard shirtless with a giant red scar running along the middle of his chest.

"Jesus Christ..." Frank said under his breath, furrowing his eyebrows. "I had an operation three days before school started. I started having some seizures and started fainting a lot. When I went to the hospital about it, I had to have a quick operation on my heart. The infection was starting to effect my heart but now they fixed it" Gerard, sat down next to Frank. 

"I didn't want you to know. Cause it was new and didn't heal properly yet. Hell, even I don't want to look at it every time I look and my chest in the mirror... I look fucking disgusting-" 

"-You don't. You're strong that you got through this" Frank smiled at Gerard. "Well, that's just bullshit.... Cause I know that I'm weak" Gerard looking down at his fingers as he played with them. "Well, you're wrong" Frank grabbed Gerard's hand. He intertwined his finger's with Gerard's. 

"Can I?" Frank asked, hovering his other hand's fingers over the older boy's chest. Gerard hesitated a bit before he nodded. He lightly brushed his fingers over the scar and smiled. "It's beautiful. And it doesn't make you look disgusting" Frank smiled even more as he brought his lips up to the scar and softly placed a kiss down onto his skin. 

"What was that for?" Gerard asked, still feeling his chest sting but completely ignored it. "Because I want to make you feel pretty" Frank said, looking up at Gerard. "Talk about the cheesiest things you could say to a person" Gerard chuckled as Frank leaned back up. "You're right, but then again.. you should take a compliment" Frank joked as he wrapped his arms around Gerard's waist, bringing his body in closer whist attaching his lips to the senior's.