Author's Foreword

The Prisoner of Tardalim is the first stand-alone novel of my epic fantasy series, Tales of the Amulet.  It precedes the events of A Prince's Errand by fifty-five years and features the not-so-crazy conjurer, Amendal Aramein as the main character.  Many of my readers expressed an interest in an Amendal story when I first released my books in 2013.  He was a compelling character with a crazy streak.  Over the years I've thought about what his backstory would be and ultimately arrived at this story.  The events of The Prisoner of Tardalim define Amendal's character-literally!  I like to think of this story as a mash-up between Ridley Scott's Alien, a MMORPG raid, and a Greek tragedy all wrapped up in a high-fantasy setting.

This is my second novel I've posted to Wattpad.  After the success I had with the 2018 Watty Awards I decided to put more of my work here for all my followers and readers.

As I am very busy writing the second epic in Tales of the Amulet  I don't have much time to devote to this book, but I wanted to get it out here to let people read as I write it.  I expect it to take me about a year or year and a half to finish it.  This is more of a "fun" project for me, although it will eventually be a commercial release.

The book won't be very long (and I say that by my standards as I tend to be prolific in my writing).  I expect it to be around 120,000 words, and roughly twenty-five to thirty chapters.  That equates to rough 300 pages, depending on formatting.  So, an actual novel, and not the monstrous epics that are the main volumes of Tales of the AmuletA Prince's Errand is clocking in at around 330,000 words, and The Dark Necromancer is looking to be just as big if not bigger.  They are turning into Wheel of Time sized epics.

I'll probably post the first update sometime in October 2018, depending on if my newborn daughter lets me get any writing done.

Thank you for looking at The Prisoner of Tardalim, I hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimer

This is currently a "work in progress", and is not the final edition that will be published. This version of The Prisoner of Tardalim is a "raw" edition, it doesn't include any changes made by my editor. There probably won't be many changes to the story, but there will be a lot of polishing to the grammar, sentence structure, etc.I'll eventually be posting chapters as I finish them. I'm using Wattpad as a means to get some feedback from my beta-readers and people like you who are reading my works for the first time.

Suggestions are welcomed, but by offering feedback you waive all rights to those suggestions and waive all rights to compensation for your help. I love hearing from my readers and receiving feedback. It is extremely beneficial. That's why I've decided to post these chapters as I write them.

For more information, you can follow me on Facebook at under the username: robert.zangari I can't post links to Facebook inside this file, but you can easily find me under that username. You can also visit our website to keep up to date on the current progress of the upcoming novels and short-stories for the series: www.LegendsofKalda.com. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to be updated on all our future publications: LegendsofKalda.com/tlb.html .  When you subscribe you also get a free ebook, so be sure to sign up.

Legends of Kalda®

Tales of the Amulet

The Prisoner of Tardalim

Copyright ©2018 Dan Zangari & Robert Zangari

All rights reserved.

Cover Art by Kerem Beyit

Chapter Heading Illustrations by Suleyman Temiz

All characters in this book are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

This book is protected under the copyright laws of the United States of America. Any reproduction or unauthorized use of the material contained herein is prohibited without the express written permission of the authors.

Legends of Kalda and Tales of the Amulet are registered trademark owned by the creators and authors of this work.

All Legends of Kalda characters, character names, and the distinctive likeness thereof are trademarks owned by the creators and authors of this fantasy franchise.

Update: August 17th, 2019

I just uploaded the first chapter for The Prisoner of Tardalim.  I'll only be uploading the first 10% of book, as we plan on running a Kickstarter for it sometime this Fall.

If you want to read the complete story, back the project on Kickstarter when it launches, per-order it when it comes available on Amazon, or read it for FREE on Kindle Unlimited after its official release.