"Honestly sort of everything but goal keeper right now. Coach doesn't know where he wants to put me, so I guess I'm just going in whenever they need me."

"Cool. Cool. My brother was a goalie when he played here." Acacia carried on the conversation while Ki was trying to regain herself.

"Really? That's awesome!" Lyra exclaimed.

A whistle blew from the sidelines. All the girls in the cobalt blue jerseys started hustling towards a man in a white shirt standing in front of the crowd.

"I gotta go guys! I'll see you later?" Lyra said motioning her hand towards Ki.

Ki looked up quickly and met her eyes with an accidental glare.

"Uh...yeah... good luck!" She fumbled out.

"Thanks. Go find a good seat!" Lyra shouted behind her as she started to run off in to the grass behind the fence.

Acacia grabbed Ki's arm again and grinned over at her.

"Dude are you okay?" She laughed, pulling her towards the direction of the crowd.

"Hmm?" Ki looked over to her.

"You're face is so red."

"Must be hot. Those stupid stadium lights were beating down on my neck."

"Ah. Okay." Acacia smiled, taking the first step up the metal bleachers for them.

————————

From their seat in the front row, Ki couldn't see shit from all the people standing in front of the bleachers.

What she could see, however was the goal post, and that's all that matters in sports, right?

Ki didn't know much about sports. Maybe she'd actually have to pay attention now.

Where was number 4?

Ki scanned the field for Lyra's number.

Shit! There she is.

Lyra had the ball! She was running so fast, Ki almost couldn't recognize it was her. She was past the center of the field when the other team started rushing towards her. She dodged one on the right, and then one on the left. She kept running towards the goal when finally some other girl slid underneath her and kicked the ball away.

"Hey!" Ki yelled to no one in particular. She was just mad that bitch stole the ball.

"Ki sit the fuck down you loser." Acacia pulled her shoulder back down into the stands.

"She just stole that from her!"

"It's soccer honey, it happens."

"Whatever." Ki grumbled as she blew a strand of hair out of her way.

————————

In the end of the game, Kennedy won by 1 goal.

It was Lyra who made it.

Everyone in the stands stood up yelling when the ball hit the net, and Ki was ecstatic. Lyra thrust her hands up high in the air as all the girls from the team started running to her in the middle of the field. The buzzer on the clock went off and the girls started jumping as Lyra was screaming her face off.

She probably did make a good cheerleader.

Ki was smiling, and rushing out of the stands, Acacia in tow. The two girls were rushing towards the fence, Ki still yelling as Acacia laughed behind her.

"Did you see that? Did you see that Acacia? Oh my god! That was so close!"

The soccer girls were moving off the center of the field, all of them bustling around Lyra, pushing her shoulder, ruffling her hair, patting her on the back. The coach was holding out his clipboard in his hand as he was repeating "great game girls!" over and over again.

All the girls grabbed their water bottles from the bench and started chugging them down, but not Lyra. Lyra grabbed hers and immediately looked around in the crowd.

Ki studied her face. It looked like she was deliberately looking for someone, her face frowning as she scanned the top row.

"Lyra!" Ki yelled over the fence.

Her gaze shifted over to Ki and immediately her eyes lit up as she sprinted over.

"Hey, how was the game?" She called, making her way to the fence.

"I don't know... you tell me! You just saved our school's reputation." Ki flung her hands into the air.

"It's just a game Ki." Lyra laughed, pouring her water bottle back into her mouth.

"Yeah, but it was a good one! You did amazing!"

"I have never seen you so excited over something..." Acacia grinned at them.

Lyra looked over to Acacia with a slight look of curiosity. Ki watched several expressions pass over her face, each one just as unique as the last.

"Well uh... anyways, you did good for your first game!"

Lyra's gaze shifted back over to Ki.

"Thanks." She gently smiled, looking down at her cleats.

"No problem." Ki said softly.

"Listen guys I'd love to stay and chat but I got be home by 9 and that's in a few minutes so we should get going." Acacia interrupted.

"Oh. You guys better get a head start then. Thanks for coming." Lyra grimly smiled.

"Yeah, no problem. I am totally coming to more of these." Ki nodded.

"Good. I guess I'll see you around then."

"Goodnight Lyra." Ki waved, as Acacia started pulling her away.

"Goodnight Ki."