Chapter 25: Daring Descent

Down in a city named Slicker, a man is being killed inside of a dingy abandoned housing. Now usually this wouldn’t be a rare occurrence, but in this case, something is different about the whole situation. The guilty charge are clothed in black silk cloaks that mask there faces, but there arms and there legs are covered in intricate blue tattoos that are visible under a single dingy hanging light bulb. The dying man can’t seem to make them out with his swollen eyelids and black and blue face, but on closer inspection, can be interpreted as dragons.

As three main individuals continue there rampage on the man, a gruff grumbling voice slices through the quiet rotting room. “Enough.” With that harsh command, the three figures stop automatically, and draw back to the edges of the room, going immobile in a gargoyle like fashion. The beaten man lays bleeding and breathing harshly on the blood stained hard wood. He wears a gold shirt with a snake imprint, which also trails down his long white pants legs. A snake amulet is visible beneath his neck, and his viper earrings carry the whole ensemble together, suggesting that the man is an avid reptilian fan.

A man who stood out of the faint light that the bulb illuminates, steps into the ring of light for the snake man to see. For a moment, the man is devastated to learn that this will probably be the last face that he sees. A shining bald head, and those piercing black marbles he uses for eyes, are enough to instill even more fear in the man than he thought was possible at this point. He struggles past the pain and the black light that threatens to overtake him, to view the shining blue imprint, on this mans face.

Now he knows, this is the blue dragon leader, named Purgatory because that was were his victims ended up. The tattoo was stretched from the edge of his right temple down to the tip of his chin, in a Japanese resemblance of there traditional fire beasts. The man begins to tremble despite himself, fear washing over in waves along his entire frame. “Now you see what happens when you don’t give me what I ask for.” Purgatory hisses at the man, “You had the chance to change your mind Scale, and yet you still defied me. You’ve earned the cowards death that is coming for you.” He began to laugh wickedly as the man began to cry and plead to be let go.

As the pleading continued, Purgatory snarled, and with a movement to fast for Scale to comprehend, pulled a silver nine millimeter from the inside of his cloak, and shot him straight in the temple. Brain matter splattered out onto the creaking floorboards, and dark scarlet blood seeped down into the cracks and foundation. Purgatory kicked the body to add insult to injury, so the mans face turned straight downward, the clean straight hole in his forehead no longer visible. He stepped away from the body, “Clean this mess up and then go deliver the news to the Snakes that they have a new leader.” He growled at his henchmen as they moved towards the body in mechanical fashion.

Purgatory made his way through the disgusting filth ridden house, and slammed the front door open, steeping down onto the brown dead grass. He wiped his gun off with his cloak, the slid the weapon back into his pocket. He then proceeded to pull out a cigarette and a lighter, and lit up the white stick, watching the smoke twirl up towards the heavens. As he peered at the stars, a wiggling annoying thought kept popping into his mind. Making him crush the packet of cigarettes in his hand. His large muscles rippled with anger and annoyance, as her face kept interrupting his ever fault.

That infernal girl, with a name that matches the same full bright moon overhead, the only female he’d ever wanted more badly than to kill. Luna Red, that infuriating girl who made a fool out of him and his two best men, was still somewhere out there waiting for him.

He took a deep drag on his cigarette, then dropped it and stamped it into the ground.

Oh, he was going to get her though. Just you wait and see.