18

"Wait a minute, why do you have the fucking school-"

"Jared, d-don't finish that sentence, I told you not to call him that. And he's my friend!"

Jared snickered, "You made friends with Connor Murphy? You know that guy is bat shit crazy, right? He threw a printer at Ms. G in the second grade!"

"He d-didn't throw it, he shoved it off the counter and it landed on her foot!" Evan argued.

"Oh whatever! I can't believe this. First you're in love with Zoe Murphy, now Connor?" Jared laughed. "You're a real Murphysexual huh."

"Jared! What the h-hell?" Evan exclaimed. Although he had known Jared for years, he was hard to love at times. It didn't help that he was constantly called a family friend, which hurt a lot more than Jared probably knew. But Jared never looked like he cared about that stuff. No, it was just the damn car insurance that mattered to him, right?

"I don't hear you denying it," Jared teased him lightly. "Wow, why didn't you tell me about your little crush-?"

"I don't, I don't like Connor like, like t-that! And maybe, maybe I-I don't tell you anything because you, because you treat me like s-shit! I'm sick of it! I hate it!"

This of course pissed Jared off, mainly because he was being called out. All he could manage was, "Fuck you, Evan! You know, who even needs a freak who can't talk right?! You asshole!"

Then Jared hung up. The line went dead.

Evan dropped his phone, and broke down. He sat down on his bed, rubbing furiously at his eyes, trying to stop the tears from failing, but they just wouldn't stop. He didn't want Connor to see him like this, he had enough on his plate already. No, it'd just be under the rug for now. He grabbed his anxiety medication, opened the case, then opened the bottle, dropped one into his hand, and popped it into his mouth. He waited out his incoming panic attack, thankful that it was Saturday. Soon, he stopped shaking, and his breathing was back to normal. He let out a breath, and exited his room.

Connor was asleep on the couch, completely sprawled out into what looked like a somewhat comfortable position with a blanket draped over his frame. Evan smiled at the sight of his crush, and went to prepare a breakfast.

Evan didn't make a huge breakfast, just some eggs and bacon, as he knew well how to cook. The smell of well-made food made Connor stir, and he sat up, sniffing the air.

Connor slowly got up and went to the kitchen, watching Evan finish a second plate of bacon and eggs. "G'morning, Ev."

Evan jumped, a little startled, but he relaxed and looked at Connor. "H-hey Con, morning." He handed Connor a plate.

"You didn't have to make me breakfast," Connor smiled at him, before going to sit at the table.

"Well I w-wasn't going to let you s-starve," Evan joked, sitting down across from him. He had significantly less food than him.

Connor saw this. "Hey, do you need some more food? You don't have a lot there."

Evan nearly jumped out of his seat, he shook his head, "No no, I-I'll be fine."

Connor narrowed his eyes and transferred some of his eggs to Evan's plate. "There, now it's about equal."

Evan didn't say anything, but he had a huge blush dusted onto his cheeks. Slowly, the two ate in silence, neither bothering to initiate a conversation.

When Connor's plate was clean, he said, "Your eyes are red. What happened?"

"Um, Jared and I, w-we had a bit of a falling out.." Evan said softly, not wanting to relieve their argument.

"Kleinman? He's a dick," Connor said nonchalantly. He sighed and threaded his fingers through his hair. "I need a hit. Do you have anywhere I can smoke?"

"Um, follow me," Evan got up, and gestured for Connor to follow him. Connor didn't smoke as often as he did before, but he'd fall back on bad days. Evan couldn't hold it against him, he didn't know what it was like to not have any medication. The thought of it made his stomach churn.

Evan revealed a stairway up to the attic, which was being lit by the rising sun and a single light bulb that he had just turned on. There were a ton of boxes up there, but there was a worn down couch and a tv with an old DVD player with movies stacked beside it. His father was originally making it into a man cave, but there wasn't enough space for it, and ended up being storage mainly.

"This is a nice looking attic," Connor sat down on the couch, taking out a baggie that had weed inside it.

"Dad was gonna make it a man cave, but I s-started to use it when mom and him would argue," Evan explained, sitting down next to him. He was hit with nostalgia as he gazed at the old tv, watching Beauty and The Beast while his parents bickered about money and crap.

"Well, at least it was useful for something," Connor took out a blunt and lit it with his lighter. He looked at Evan, "I know you don't like smoking this stuff, but maybe you could try something else?"

Evan raised an eyebrow. He didn't care about Connor smoking, but that was entirely from smoking the substance himself. Then again, he was a little curious to see how it'd affect him. "Hmm... w-what'd you have in mind?"

Connor inhaled some of the smoke, "It's called Shotgunning, it's uh, a little weird, but you cough a lot less.."

Evan bit his lip and pondered it for a moment. He had no idea what it was like to be high, what type of consequences it would have, or if he'd even like being high. But his curiosity got the best of him and he nodded slowly.

Connor nodded and scooted closer to Evan. He lit his blunt and took a long drag. Afterwards he put a hand on Evan's cheek, ghosted his lips against his, and breathed out. Evan caught on and breathed in the smoke, which he only coughed a little bit before relaxed.

The two did this for a little bit, before they were both fairly high. The weed seemed to make Evan extremely calm but also a bit more brave. He looked at Connor and grabbed his hand.

Connor looked at him, holding the remainder of it in his free hand. He grinned, "Hey there, why'd you take my hand?"

"Cause I wanted it," Evan giggled, leaning again.

"Fair enough," Connor laughed. "You want a little more? I've got enough got one more hit."

Evan nodded eagerly. Connor inhaled, moved close to Evan, and exhaled, who inhaled it next. But Evan wasn't satisfied, he wanted to feel Connor's lips pressed against his own, so he tugged Connor closer to him and locked their lips together.

Normally, Evan would never have the courage to do that, but he acted completely on impulse and impatience from crushing on him. Connor seemed to react well, as he put an arm around Evan and kissed him back, trying to pull Evan into his lap. Evan noticed this, and clumsily climbed onto him, pulling out of the kiss.

"So pretty.." Connor mumbled, hugging Evan close.

"No you," Evan smiled and played with Connor's hair.

"More kisses.." Connor lazily planter a kiss on his lips, making Evan giggle and plant one back.

The two talked about random shit that came to their mind, and shared some kisses, both happy that neither one of them were disgusted by it.

But they still had a lot to talk about later that day.