Chapter Six:Upper-Class

"So tell me more about this Elite group," I said as me and Jacelyn sat down on an empty table in the dining hall.

She shrugged, "there isn't much to know, they mostly keep to themselves."

I nodded in understanding, "do they date or anything - besides Evelyn and Ivan?" I asked, and no I wasn't asking for myself, I'm just naturally curious.

She nodded, "well from my perspective, Leonardo is kind of a player - yet not one at the same time. Theo...he does bump dirties with girls from time to time, but he isn't really a player either I suppose. He doesn't enjoy when girls try flood to him, basically being clingy after he has sex with them," she said, taking a small bite of her sushi.

"So basically like acting desperate to get his attention?" I asked and she nodded.

"Which is convoluted, considering that almost the whole school's population is male," she stated.

"What about Ethan?" I said.

She slowed her chewing, "oh, I don't know about him," she said, looking down at her food.

It's obvious that she is lying, but I won't say anything.

I shifted my eyes to look at the so-called 'Elite', people slowly started to now give them privacy so they evaporated from their table - meaning I can now officially have a better look at them. They were talking amongst themselves privately until one of them caught my stare.

I looked into a grey set of eyes, instead of me looking away, I continued to stare at him. He raised his eyebrow at me, then rolled his eyes before continuing to talk with his friends.

"Wait, Jacelyn, which one's Theo again?" I asked her.

She quickly drank her soda before pointing to the guy I just had a 10-second stare down with.

"Him. Why something the matter?" She said and I shook my head no.

"Nah, just wondering," I said. Maybe he wasn't even looking at me, there are hundreds of girls in this dining hall, he was probably looking at someone behind me or something - yup and that's the conclusion I'm going to stick with.

I crept down the stairs of the dormitory silently, it was probably one in the morning, but I didn't care, that sushi didn't even cover the hunger I had one bit, I was going to just sleep it off, but the hunger became almost painful

I gently opened the dormitory front door not too loud to make a sound, of course, the receptionist was already off duty for the night or that would have been embarrassing for me if she saw a girl basically crawling through the reception.

I opened the door and began to tiptoe outside which was weird because I'm sure if I had walked people probably still wouldn't have heard me.

I quietly opened the door to the dining hall, praying I was the only person there, so no one would witness me eating like a barbarian, I often do that when I'm really hungry. I was surprised to see someone already there on their laptop typing away, a teacup next to them.