Chapter 1

**Corinne's POV**

I walked to my locker as fast as I could. School was done for the day and I couldn't wait to go home and curl up on the couch with popcorn and a movie. I hated school. I never got good grades, and the days just seemed to drag on endlessly.

I sighed and opened my locker door. I was greeted by books tumbling off the shelf and old tests that I had failed fluttering to the floor and scattering themselves in the hallway. Great. I groaned and slowly bent down to pick them all up. My once neat ponytail was now a mess, and my sweater was falling off my shoulder as I gathered together the books and papers one by one.

I was glad when my friends, Jennifer and Harley, came to help me.

"Damn Corinne! you weren't lying when you said your locker was a mess!", Harley said as she grabbed a handful of papers.

I laughed slightly. "Yeah."

"What do you want me to do with these?" Jennifer asked.

"Oh, those? Just throw them out. They're probably all old tests anyway."

"You sure?", Harley asked. "This looks like a note."

I gave Harley a confused look. "Let me see it!"

She handed me a perfectly creased sheet of paper. I could see that there was writing on it. When I turned it over, I discovered that my name had been written on the other side in tight, but neat, cursive.

Slowly, I opened the sheet of paper. No one ever gave me notes! I mean, sure, my friends and I passed notes in class and gave each other cards and stuff, but no one outside of my friends circle had bothered to talk to me. Much less put a note in my locker. Now, here I was, standing amid the piles of papers and now bent books that had spilled out of my locker, with a note from a stranger in my hands.

"Well...read it!", Jennifer demanded. She always had open ears for gossip and notes from secret admirers and such. Though I must say, I highly doubt this was from a secret admirer. Either way, I opened the letter and read it.

Dear Corinne, it said.

I have been watching you lately. I  know that that sounds incredibly creepy, but I only watch you because I like you. I want to get to know you. I go to your school, but you wouldn't know who I am. Nobody knows who I am. I prefer to  remain invisible and anonymous. It's best for my health. I know that I am probably scaring you, but this is not meant to scare you, it is meant to flatter you. Well, I guess it's time for me to get to the point of my letter to you. Meet me behind Jerry's Ice Cream parlor after school is out. I'm trusting that you'll come. I'll be there waiting. You will recognize me by my appearance. I will be dressed in black. All black. Probably with a leather jacket. Again, please don't be afraid. I trust that I will see you soon Corinne.

Sincerely,

Anonymous

I stood there staring at the letter. I had no idea what to make of it. I was incredibly creeped out by the thought of some unknown person, probably a guy, who wanted to know me. The fact that he wanted to meet me behind  a building was, in my mind, not a good sign.

I looked up at my friends. Their faces were full of anticipation, but when they saw my face, their faces began to look more concerned.

"What did it say?", Jennifer asked quietly. 

"Oh, nothing. Just this guy wants me to meet him behind Jerry's Ice Cream Parlor after school. Probably just a lame prank.", I tried to airbrush the note as best as I could to convince my friends,as well as myself, that I had nothing to be worried about.