Day 17

🌹

I woke up securely wrapped in someone's arms. This sounds weird but I know Luke's arms and these aren't them. I rolled over and realized it was Ash.

I definitely fell asleep on the couch. How did I end up here?

"Luke brought you in here." Ashton tiredly mumbles. I look up at him surprised. He sadly smiles down at me.

"Why would Luke do that?" I ask confused.

"I'm not sure. He said that he was scared and stupid or something. But he looked really sad so I said you could lay in here with me." Ash explains. I sit up and stare at my hands.

"Ash, what did I do?" I ask. We were fine the whole day until last night.

"Belle you didn't do," I cut him off. "I obviously did if he's ignoring me and crying yesterday." I rant standing up and pacing. Ashton sighs and sits up in the bed.

"Belle, I think everything is finally setting in and he's scared to admit it." He says as if its obvious. I turn and look at him with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?" I ask walking back towards the bed. He shrugs and ruffles his messy hair.

"I think he's realizing just how much you mean to him. Like yesterday when he found out that guy was Tyler he stood up and kicked him out. Paul was trying to stop him but he didn't listen. Not once did he say your name but his shoulders were all broad and his chest all puffed out. I'll admit he looked kinda scary. As soon as you ran Luke went to run after you but Calum stopped him. I think nobody's ever been so important to him, that's all." Ashton explains. Luke ran Tyler off? He's scared? I'm gonna get a migraine.

"My head hurts." I mutter climbing back in next to Ashton. He sighs and pulls me to chest. Do all guys sleep shirtless?

"I'm gonna go grab a muffin or something, you coming?" Ashton asks after a few minutes. I shake my head no and lay down under the blanket. He sighs and puts a hand on my head. "You feel a little warm. Are you feeling okay?" He asks. I shake my head no again.

"What's bothering you?" He asks. I sit up a little and point to my head and chest. "Your head and chest?" He asks. I shake my head and point to his heart. He looks confused but I lay down and let him figure it out. I hear him sigh and then walk over to me.

"I'll be right back with aspirin, Belle." He whispers kissing my head.

I miss my best friend.

Yah, he really misses you.

Ash explained this already!

He said that's what he thinks!

Better than what you think.

I fight with myself only making my head hurt even more. I reach for Ashton's headphones and phone. I grab them and turn on music. I make a playlist of all the slower songs he has.

Ash's theory and mine are very different. I want to believe his more than mine but its just not happening. I need to accept the truth. Luke is tired of me hanging around. I close my eyes and try to fall back asleep. Everything is better when your asleep. Nothing's real and it gives you a reason to not face reality. It's your own place.

I hear the door open and I figure its Ashton so I lay still and pretend to be asleep. He'll wake me up if he needs me. Uh he's gonna need me, it's concert day. A concert is not gonna help this headache.

"Bee?" A hushed voice asks near my head. Oh my god it's Luke! I pretend to stay asleep until he gently shakes me.

"Luke?" I ask quietly. He nods and rests his hand on my cheek.