Chapter 23: Ready for this?

                -3 months later- 

        "The cancer is all gone." Those words left the doctors mouth. You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear those 5 words. I did lose all my hair, but it's okay. Now that's it's all gone, it will grow back. Slowly, but surely. Harry grabbed me and hugged me, "I'm so proud of you, baby." He whispered in my ear. It's been 3 months since i've been losing my hair, and i've had two surgeries the cancer is finally gone. 

        Harry and I have been dating for 10 months, it's going great. There's times where i'm having issues. I've been thinking about things. "Baby remember that Simon wants to talk to you and Bryler tomorrow?," Harry mentioned. I nodded, "Where are we going after this," I asked. "I believe that we are going back to the hotel and hanging out.," I nodded again, I sat there waiting for the doctor to quit talking about what they did, and how bad it could of gotten, symptoms of more cancer. Things I really didn't want to hear about anymore. I was finally cancer free and I did not want to hear anymore about cancer. I haven't told anyone this yet, but I've been planning on going to college. I' ve been thinking about it, and I have already applied for a few. 

        The doctor finally stopped talking and we were able to leave. I was glad to be leaving a hospital. The last 9 months of my life, have been all about doctors and hospitals. Harry helped me up and we walked out to the car. We drove back to the hotel in a blissful silence. I was fidgeting with my fingers, and I glanced down at my arm. I saw the scars. The 16 deeps scars the went across my forearm. I couldn't help but stare at them. 

        We arrived at the hotel and i got out. I waiting for Harry, so we could walk in together. I have to admit, Harry's been acting different. He still shows affection, but just a little when it's needed. He leaves all the time, no one ever knows where he's going. He gets really mad, really easy. When he's mad he doesn't treat me right. I've tried talking to him about it, but he just gets mad all over again.

        We walked inside and everyone was in Harry's room, sitting around the tv. "How'd it go,' Bryler asked me. "Oh nothing different," I said with a straight face. "I'm just kidding, the cancer is gone," I screamed. They all jumped at the outburst, but got up and hugged me. "We are all very happy for you," Liam said. Of course, Harry dissapeared to his room or something. "Hey guys, Im going to go to my room and rest for a bit," I announced. They all nodded and walked across the hall to my room. 

        I got out my computer and looked at twitter. 

You don't deserve Harry, you bald headed freak. 

Leave the boys alone, how can they be seen with someone like you.

Nobody wants you around. 

You just want to be around the boys to make yourself feel better for being so ugly. 

        I quickly exited twitter and decided to check my email for an acceptance. I opened one for the top school I wanted to go to which was in London. 

        Dear Dylan Brock, 

We are pleased to congratulate you on getting accepted to the University of London. Blah blah blah. I jumped up and got really exited. I looked at the starting date,  August 21. 

        I have a month. 

        Why don't I just leave tonight? But that would mean that I have to break up with Harry tonight before I leave, which is something I've been planning on doing within the next week. I'm getting really tired of what he's been doing. I started packing all my things. That didn't take me very long. I got out paper. 

                Dear Harry, 

        I'm sorry that I am doing this, but it needs to be done. I can't be with you anymore, for obvious reasons. You've changed, I've tried talking to you about it. All you do is get mad at me for it. I'm leaving, as you can tell. I'm leaving my phone here, I rather not be found. I'm really sorry that I'm leaving. I really do love you, and it is breaking my heart that I am doing this. I know that I could of had a great career in music, with the help of you. But I can't. I love you to the moon and back. I always will. 

                        Sincerly, Dylan. 

                Dear Bryler and Boys, 

        I'm very sorry that I am leaving. I know that yall love me very much but I cant do this anymore. The constant hate and Harry changing the way he is. I love you all. I hope you forgive me one day. I really don't want to be found, so I am leaving my phone. I'm sorry. 

                        Sincerally, Dylan. 

        I quickly called a cap, and asked them to get here in 15 minutes. I made a quick check that I had everything with me. I checked the hallway, and made sure no one was there. I threw the phone on the bed along with the notes, and shut the door behind me. I ran to the elevator and went down. The lobby was empy. I handed my key to the manager and went outside. The cab was already waiting for me. I got in, "To the airport, please." The driver nodded, and watched the hotel dissapear. I can't beleive that I was really leaving. 

        I arrived at the airport and handed the cab driver a 20. I waited the time through the security, after that I bought a ticket for London for the next flight, luckily for me, it was in an hour. 

        I decided to call my parents. I had to use a payphone

me: Hey Mom. 

Mom: Hey baby. 

Me: I'm at the airport. I got accepted to college. Nobody knows where I'm at, I just wanted to call you and Dad. I'm sorry. 

Mom: It's okay sweetie. You're almost 18, You can make your own decisions. I love you. 

Me: I love you too mom. Tell dad I love him too. I will call when I land. 

Mom: Alright talk to you then, love you. 

Me: Love you too mom. 

        I just waited the next 40 minutes very impaitently. It was 7:35 pm, the flight leaves at 7:50 pm. The started seating, so i got up and headed through the tunnel. I took my seat and waited for the take off. 

A/N There is still an epilouge, that I am writing and posting tonight. I can't wait for this story to end, it's felt like it's gone on forever. I'm sorry that it's probably not the best, but hopefully the sequeal will be better. I might write the 1st chapter for the sequel today or tomorrow. It's called One Really Cold Day. Thank you for reading. 

Love, Dana.