Chapter 9

Diana's POV

So, you might be wondering what happened after I saw Ramon. Well, nothing of the sort that I feared. The run seemed to have cleared his mind.

Looking at Sandra, he asked, "Can I talk to her?".

I thought for a while and then nodded. Who was I to stop him anyway? He was still her boyfriend and I was sure he wouldn't harm her. He loved Sandra way too much to do that.

Ramon knelt in front of her and called,

"Sandra"

Her head was still bent, but her breath hitched. I could see that. Slowly he took her palms hands in his and said again,

"Please look at me, love."

Tears rolled down her eyes on hearing that. Ramon held on to Sandra's hands lightly sitting in front of her on the floor. I stood there for some time, before turning to leave the room and give them some privacy.

"Please stay." Ramon requested.

Surprised by the sudden request, I looked at him questioningly. He didn't say anything further. Maybe it is something related to our mate bond.

Yes, it is, but you won't understand, Amber quipped, our mate needs you around at this time.

I don't know why, but I snapped at her.

And you know that??

Of course, I know. Because I love our mate. He is a part of my soul and unlike you, I had never given up on him. Amber was angry, like very angry now.

I preferred staying silent, there was too much going on already. The last thing I wanted was my wolf blocking me permanently.

A voice cracked, "So-sorry Ramon. I-". Sandra was miserable.

Ramon cupped her face gently and with his thumb started wiping her tears.

"Don't be love. I can understand."

That stunned me and from the looks of it, even Sandra was. She lifted her face and looked at him in surprise.

"But..."

He intervened, "I am a werewolf. If not me, who would understand the mate pull. I know how strong it can be and how one cannot resist...". His throat clogged. Just for a second his eyes flickered to my side or did I imagine it.

I looked away from the scene in front. This was getting too much for me, but I had no option. I had to stay.

Ramon resumed talking, "Let's just forget about all that for now. Can I ask you something, Sandra?"

She didn't reply but gave a nod.

"Do you love me?"

Sandra's eyes filled up again and I understood why. Her answer would hurt Ramon more. My heart started thudding vigorously waiting for her answer.

Sandra stuttered, "I-I love you, Ramon. But..."

Ramon's face didn't show any emotion. A few seconds later, a gentle smile spread on his lips.

"But it is not enough to hold you back to me." He completed the sentence for her. Sandra's lips quivered as she tried to bite back the tears. She buried her face in her palms, sobbing continuously. Ramon stood up from his position and hugged her tight.

She hugged him back, crying on his chest. He kept on caressing her hair, holding her like a glass doll. When she relaxed after some time, Ramon said,