Game Two

Ricci woke up to the sun rays beaming through his window, he stretched out his arms and yawn. He rolled out of his bed and headed to his bathroom. Today's going to be a long day for him.

Half an hour after, Ricci chose to wear a plain white shirt, denim pants then he paired it with his Oreo Flyknits. He applied a little amount of clay on his hair and he's good to go.

"Ma, punta lang po ako ng school." Ricci informed his mom who was busy preparing food for breakfast.

"Kumain ka muna Sahia," Abi responded, "The food's almost done."

"Where's Riley, Ma?" Ricci asked, pulling out the chair.

"Your brother is still sleeping." she answered his inquiry, "Wag mo na muna gisingin, mangungulit nanaman 'yun."

Ricci chuckled, "I'll surely miss Riley once school starts."

She took a quick glance at Ricci, "What's your plan, Sahia?" Abi asked his son, "Are you going to get a condo or you'll stay here in our house?"

"No specific plan yet, Ma." he answered while placing some bacons and hotdogs on his plate. He took a bite of his bacon, "I'll check first what will works best."

"Just let me and your dad know how we can help you, okay?"

He nodded, "Yes po. Thanks, Ma."

After he was done having his breakfast, he placed his plate on the sink then he bid goodbye to his mom.

"Sino kasama mo mag-aayos sa school?" Abi asked. She walked Ricci to their garage.

"I'm not sure if Juan and Javi are free today." he replied, "But most probably ako lang, Ma."

Abi nodded, "Sige, ingat sa pagdrive."

Ricci kissed his mom on her cheek, "Thanks, Ma." then he revved the engine and drove to UP.

Ricci had to go to UP to process his papers before the team flies to Serbia for their off-season training. Even though he won't be playing this season, the management and sponsors decided to send him, too, in Serbia in preparation for Season 82. He needs to learn the system and how his teammates play.

While Ricci was waiting for his papers in the Admission Office, he received a message from his best friend, Brent.

From: Brent Paraiso
Wru bro? Labas tayo! Mamimiss kita pag nasa Serbia ka na 😭😘

To: Brent Paraiso
Mamimiss din kita babe 😭😂 Nasa UP ako ngayon nagaayos ng paper pero malapit na matapos. Saan tayo?

From: Brent Paraiso
I'm also in school. Greenhills, g?

To: Brent Paraiso
G!!! Sama mo si Nut bish!! 😉

Ricci returned his phone in his pocket then he did all the things that needed to be done today before he went to Greenhills to meet his best friend.

On his way to Greenhills, Ricci received an unexpected message.

From: Mich Cobb
Hi, 'Cci! Can we talk? I'm here in Starbucks in front of Filoil arena. I hope you can drop by if you're not busy today. I'll be waiting.

And suddenly, all the memories and feelings came rushing back to him. He couldn't concentrate, he doesn't know what to reply to her message.

You shouldn't have opened her message while driving. Ricci scolded himself.

Ricci immediately dialed his best friend's number and put it on loudspeaker.

"'Cci!" Brent happily answered his call, "Are you on your way na?"