Chapter 16: Should've Told You

Start from the beginning

"Say it." I egged on, her eyebrow shot up.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I won't." She huffed, hiding the obvious smile on her lips.

"Because it's true, I mean you thinking it anyway." I tease as I brought my hands down to her feet that was under the water.

"Chris....no." She sat up, becoming alert.

"If you don't want to get your hair wet then say it."

"Chris, noo." She whines while poking her bottom lip out. I tugged on her heel as she gasps.

"Say it."

"Okay, Okay! You're sexy." She laughs while pressing her hands on my chest and shoving me back.

I pursed my lips. "Hmm, what you think E?" I asks glancing up behind Genesis at EJ who stood behind her with a sinister grin.

Genesis jumped and quickly tried to stand up, instead EJ shoved her from behind as I took her hands and pulled her down into the pool. Both EJ and I laughed hysterically since the first thing she did was pinch her nose and puffed up her cheeks with air.

As quick as she went down, the quicker she popped up. Gasping for air as her hands instantly went up, waving in the air, swinging at me.

"Baby," I called out to her as she splashed the water.

"Chris!" She yelped as her hands hitting the water made loud slapping echoes. Me and EJ's laughter began to cease from the panic look on Genesis' face as she called out for us.

"Oh shit." I cursed as I reached for her small frame to pull her closer to me.

She fought against me and the water causing water to pull her under as she occasionally gasped for air. EJ jumped in—now alarmed—and attempted to help Genesis up before she sunk into the deep in.

"Is she drowning?!" Monica exclaimed from the far end of the pool. Monica voice came off frantic causing my heart to race. EJ and I both caught onto Genesis arms and pulled her up and out the side of the pool.

Once Genesis was out she coughed up water while still gasping for air. A sigh of relief left my lips as EJ took her towel and wrapped it around her body.

"Fuck, Genesis you scared the shit out of me." I groaned while subconsciously pulling her body closer to mine.

"I never did tell you I don't know how to swim, huh?" She spoke hastily while giving off a weak smile.

I shook my head as we all sat in silence processing what exactly happened. We were all slightly skeptical about what to say or how exactly Genesis was feeling from her near drowning experience. It wasn't until we packed up and got on the elevator when Genesis snickered.

"Can y'all stop acting like somebody died? I'm okay." She retort causing all of us to share eye contact.

"I'm just confused. Why the hell did you ask to go to the pool if you don't know how to swim? Baby, you almost drowned. Well not almost, you did." I growled growing upset with her inconsiderate mistakes.

"Besides, aren't you from Florida?" EJ interjected.

"Okay, for one, just because I'm from Florida doesn't mean I know how to swim." She huffs, "Secondly, I wanted to go because I like being by the poolside sticking my feet in or playing in the shallow end. At least I can stand in there."

"But how old are you? Too old to not know how to swim." Monica scoffs while twisting her face up. I cut my eyes at Monica as Genesis clenched her jaw while rolling her eyes.