[16 - Leopold Stotch]

Start from the beginning

"But a minor inconvenience." I waved my hand at him dismissively,"Don't worry about it, Ken. You should shave, though. Your stubble tickles too much."

"I like my stubble." He pouted, and I laughed a little,"Holy shit, he can laugh!"

"Shush." I chuckled.

"Why were you ever a villain?" He looked at me,"You're too nice."

I looked away and rubbed my neck,"You know why."

"I know... but still." Ken played with Karen's hair again,"Are you going to quit?"

"I... I don't know." I paused and stood,"I'm going to head off now."

"Wait!" He jumped up and suddenly paused, made sure Karen was still asleep, and looked back at me,"Can you um...Can you come over my place? Please?"

"I...Fine."

"Thank you." He smiled at me.

-------------------------------------

"Thanks for inviting me, Ken." I sipped on the hot chocolate he made for me. He stood in the kitchen and smiled back at me.

"It's nothing really." He moved back towards me and sat down, looking at me,"I um... wanted to talk in private."

"That much was clear." I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess haha." He played with his hands and looked down,"I um... god I don't know how to say this, hah."

"Say what?"

"I um... Do you hate me?"

"What? Where'd that come from?"

"I'm sorry, I just... Ever since... y'know, that you've been avoiding me, which I don't blame you, but still."

"Who are you and what have you done with Kenneth McCormcik?"

"I-I'm serious Leo!" He suddenly burst out and then quickly recoiled,"Sorry."

"I'm... I've never seen you like this." I Nervously played with the mug of hot chocolate,"I don't hate you, Ken. I could never."

"It just... seems like you do."

"What? No... Really?"

"Yeah, just a little." He rubbed his neck.

"N-No, I don't hate you." I shook my head,"I'd say we're friends, but... I understand if you don't think so."

"N-No I think so!" Ken rubbed his wrist and bit his lip. I've never seen him like this. Ken is never this nervous. He's so carefree, it's so foreign to see him like this.

"Is something wrong?"

"I um... I know how--well, at least how you used to feel about me. Like, romantically."

My face suddenly flushed,"W-Well, I guess it was obvious...?"

"I... I don't know... ugh." He put his face in his hands,"I don't know... If I like you like that... b-but um... I'm not objected to the idea of um... going to prom with you.. as a date."

"Y...You're asking me to go to prom?" My face flushed.

"Yeah! I mean um.. I-If you want to, I understand not, since um... It's not really your scene."

I paused and rubbed my face, and watched as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. I could tell he's never really done anything like this before. I know he used to be so sex-driven and whatnot, but sine his brother leaving, everything with his family and Mysterion, he hasn't had time for relationships. And I don't think he's ever been in a serious one.