Gods and Monsters

*credits: Alex is a character created by Maldonado_2445
Gemini is a character created by -rosepetal (their fanfic is AWESOME btw)
Amethyst Winters is the cameo character created by Negative-BlackBird

●●●

3rd person POV

"You got this right?" Thor smirked. If what Eitri told him was true, then she didn't need him or Stormbreaker to take down any member of the Black Order.

Merly turned around to face the others. Small rays of light were visible through her helmet where underneath, her eyes were glowing bright just like Thor's.

"Yeah." She returned the smirk. "I definitely got this."

"You're still worthy remember." Thor winks and takes off. He hopes Odin allows her to harness the dark magic, at least in the current situation.

The ground beneath her begins to tremble as she rises above everyone else and as she does, her body begins to harness as much energy as she can. (Negasonic Teenage Warhead vibes) Every entity composing her DNA begins to collectively absorb the cosmic energy around them, allowing her to harness it for redistribution. However this came at a risk. This level of power would heighten her survival instincts, making her more beastly than ever.

She hovered over Supergiant and held her arms outstretched at her side until she was completely engulfed in radiant lights. Supergiant quietly told the others to advice Thanos of what she was seeing. Over her long and treacherous lifetime, she had only ever seen one being become Binary, but she wasn't it.

This was different.

She was different.

There was something else at play here that she did not know.

Merly gathered that energy and redistributed it into her palms and aimed it straight down at her target.

"Get back!" Loki warned Bucky, who stood frozen in his spot at the sight of her. She looked almost godly, exactly how every human being ever picture their god would look like. And the love of his life happened to look just like one.

Loki jumped in front of him and tried to shield them as best as he could. The blast still sent them both toppling over along with some Outriders.

As soon as the smoke cleared Merly emerged with another figure at her side. "Don't shoot!" She called out immediately and Bucky lowered his gun. "Is she gone?" He asked her, carefully peeking just above the crater were Supergiant was a few seconds ago.

"She's not getting back up anytime soon." She answered and nodded over to their new friend, Alex. The small girl stood timidly behind her with her silver glowing hands and pointed down to the gaping hole in the ground as she started covering it back up. "I put a layer of Virbranuim over her. She'll have a tough time getting back out." She answered quietly.

"You did good kid." Merly patted her on the shoulder. "Now go to Amethyst or Gemini and don't leave their sight. Understood." She ordered.

"Yes ma'am." Alex saluted and left for her mentors.

"That was so amazing, I could kiss you right now." Bucky blurted out. As soon as he processed what he said he immediately felt his cheeks heat up. "I mean only if you want to-"