Arrival

As soon as the devastating news were delivered, Merly went to the Sanctum's library to look up some spells that could be potentially useful in the case of Thanos himself actually coming to earth. Stephen on the other hand had a different approach towards dealing with the situation. "Seriously? You don't have any money?"

"Attachment to the material is detachment from the spiritual." Wong defends his choice of life when dealing with mystical stuff.

Stephen shakes his head at the thought of changing one's own life and detach from the real world. "I'll tell the guys at the deli. Maybe they'll make you a metaphysical Ham and Rye."

Wong proceeds to rummage through his pockets in hopes of finding some american cash. "Oh, wait, wait, wait, I think I have 200."

Stephens raises a questioning eyebrow at him. "Dollars?"

"Rupees." Wong answers quietly.

At this point Stephen is unamused with everything he finds out about how sorcerers live. "Which is?"

"Uh, buck and a half."

Stephen sighs in utter defeat, not wanting to stress himself about anything else considering what he was just told a few minutes ago. "What do you want?"

Wong gladly accepts the offer and goes into deep thought about his lunch options. "I wouldn't say no to a Tuna Melt."

"Where are you going?!" Merly calls out to Wong and Strange as they descend the stairs in their civilian attire.

"We're going to grab a bite." Wong replies.

A look of disgust plasters across Merly's face. "Are you serious?" She scoffs. "I just told you about my friends being in danger and you're gonna go eat!"

"You didn't tell me that." Wong mutters to Stephen.

Stephen sighs and runs a hand across his hair. "I need to clear my mind before we come up with a plan."

Merly just gapes at him. "Wh-"

Before Merly can even continue to express her concern, anger and fear, the cloak of levitation wraps itself around her and yanks her backwards right before something crashes through the ceiling of the Sanctum.

"What the hell!" Merly peeks from above the opening under the broken stairs and sees a transforming Banner.

"Thanos is coming." The voices of both the Hulk and Banner merge together in fear. "He's coming."

"Ah crap." Merly mutters before shooting a look to Stephen saying I told you so.

"Hey Bruce." Merly waves at him from above the gaping hole. "Glad to see you still alive buddy."

Bruce returns the greeting. "H-Hey." His mind races to recognize the two other strangers staring at him with magical holographic-like shields.

Merly notices his confusion and reaches out to help him get out from the rubble. "Oh, yeah. By the way they are wizards."

"Oh...oh, um,okay." Bruce mutters.

Merly pulls him out entirely with one arm almost effortlessly. Her strength has been coming back in the last few days. Maybe it's the stress of the impending doom.

"We're actually sorcerers." Stephen corrects her.

"Ignore them." Merly engulfs Bruce in a tight hug. "Its been so long buddy." She lets go and dusts off the debris. "Now let's get you cleaned up." She guides him to their rooms, careful not to set him off.