Crystals

Merly's POV

"Have you decided when?" An accented woman's voice asks. I look at my surroundings. Where the hell am I?

I turn back to see who asked me the question and holy mother of god! Peggy ?! "I-I'm sorry what?" She has a newborn baby in her arms and gently moves on the rocking chair next to the table I'm sitting at.

I notice a newspaper on the table reading 1946.

1946!?

This can't be real.

"The date for the wedding." Peggy rolls her eyes and chuckles. I think I'm going to start crying. She looks and sounds so real.

Wait, what wedding ?

"I um- uh..." What the hell do I even answer to that? Do I just go with the flow of whatever it is that's happening or should I bolt out?

A hand rests on my shoulder from behind and twirls piece of my hair in their hands. I can tell it's a woman because of the delicate movements."It's okay sweetheart. Just take your time."

At the sound of her voice, I spin around immediately and grab her hand. "Mom?"

"You alright little bird?" She asks. She runs her hand through my loose hair and smiles. I can't even form any words.

No.

This isn't real.

She died long before I even met Peggy.

"They have your hair." She continues caressing my cheek and I can't help but to lean into her touch.

It's been forever.

"Breakfast is ready." Steve calls out from what I assume is the kitchen. He steps out holding a tray of food in each hand. Bucky steps out from behind him holding another newborn in his arms.

Where are all these babies coming from?

"I hope this answers your question." Steve says proudly staring at the food he's prepared. For 40's food, this actually looks expensive. In the 40's I  could hardly afford the rocking chair Peggy is sitting in.

Yup, this ain't real.

"What question?" I ask him. Lord, I swear if this is a reality where I marry Steve instead of Bucky, I'm going to lose my mind.

"We'll be the godparents of your twins!" He cheers and I nearly choke on air.

MY WHAT!

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

"Doll are you okay?" Bucky starts patting my back lightly to help stop my coughing fit. "Do you need more rest?"

"She's a superhuman." My mom says rolling her eyes. "She's probably healed already."

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

I need to get out of this dream or reality before I go insane.

As much as I would love for this to be real, I need to get back.

Back to the real world.