Bonus/Extra Chapter

So this is just a little passage I wrote in Ethan's POV , it's only just under 500 words long but I thought it would give a better insight into what Ethan feels as he is leaving Afghanistan to come home. I hope you all like it;')

BONUS CHAPTER!

((Ethan:

It was hard to see many of my human friends that I had made during my time in Afghanistan and lower ranked werewolves from my pack have to go home earlier due to the mental state they were in. They called it shell-shock in the world wars, but its new official term is ‘post-traumatic stress disorder’. It has been something very hard to watch and I could not stand it. Many of us loved that we were fighting for our countries and it would hopefully end up in more good than bad and would make a difference – however, many who were weak could not handle it and many believed that war was futile. I almost completely agreed with this as war should never be an option; we could settle things differently and war should only be used as a very last resort. Of course, it has not been a good experience and is a lot worse than you would believe but I knew I could live through it. I also wanted to help the good in the world exceed the evil. Those who died would always be remembered and appreciated – we all knew what we were walking into at the start and I could never regret coming here. Coming here also allowed me to start writing to Rachel, so that is a plus. I have also made many life-long friends in my squad who I am extremely thankful for.

Although, at this moment in time, I cannot feel anything other than pure happiness – I will be on my way home tomorrow to see my family for the first time in over a year, and of course the first time I will ever meet Rachel. I was so glad that I could meet her and make our relationship official; in time, I can also tell her about werewolves and mates and mark her as my own. I know that she feels the pull as that is how she fell in love with me so quickly and I will not let her get away with pushing me away as I know she will try to do when we finally meet. I am expecting her to be a sap and over-do the whole airport meeting – although, to be honest, I did tell her I was expecting huge signs and confetti. In reality, the best welcome home I could get would be to see her standing there; a concentrated look on her face as she looks around to try and navigate me, with my picture clutched in her hand.

“Dude, stop daydreaming about your mate and get out here!” Logan hissed.

Oh right – we had a meeting as we still had to go out later tonight and fight once more before we could finally pull out of Afghanistan and go home. I knew that we could all finish this together and all of us come back together in one piece.

I’m coming home, Ra-Ra.))

-

-

I've written the end of the next chapter and I almost cried (with happiness or sadness? who knows;)) and it's probably my favourite chapter so far so I can't wait to update it tomorrow! Thank you all for reading <3