"One of your hoes again?" I question.

"I don't have hoes. It's my mom. Wanting to know if I'm coming to help out at the shop." He informs. I turn to him as he smirks, arching a brow.

"What?" He chuckles while licking his lips.

"You always worried if I'm talking to some other female. That's what." He chuckles.

"I'm not worried about you and some other bitch. We're not even together." I remind him amused. He puts his hand on my thigh, squeezing it.

"We could be, if you'd stop playing." We stare into one another's eyes and I quickly look away. Kaseem could be ready for a relationship again, but I don't want to go down that rode. Not with him again and certainly not with anyone else. It's time I just take a break from dating.

"Are you going to meet with your mom?" Kadeem sighs and removes his hand from my thigh.

"Yea." He responds.

"Floyd-"

"Already on it."

"Thank you." As we ride through the town, Kaseem and I sit in silence. There wasn't really tension but I didn't have much to say and I'm guessing neither did Kaseem. We arrive to our destination and Kadeem grabs his platter of food.

"You coming in to speak." I look around him and shake my head with pouted lips.

"No. Tell your mom I said hi." He nods while rubbing the side of his face.

"Ard, I will. I'll drop by if you're not busy later." He informs.

"Please call me before you do." I warn. Kaseem laughs while leaning in towards me.

"Will do, give me kiss." He says, pulling me closer to him by my chin. We peck lips a few times, making the others linger afterwards. As he pulls back, he caresses my bottom lip with his thumb as we stare at one another in lust.

"Don't get use to this." I tell him, more so telling myself while moving his hand.

He smiles on the sly saying," don't be looking forward to it." He opens the door while keeping his stare strong. Once he gets out, he closes the door as I kiss my teeth in amusement. It's true that we're both playing games and we need to stop. Either one of us can get hurt in the end. My phone rings and I open my bag, seeing it's just the person I was waiting to hear from. I swipe the icon to the right and put the phone to my ear.

"You got what I need?" I question, connecting my attention with Floyd through the rearview mirror.

"Yea. Meet me at Westlight out in Brooklyn at ten p.m." He hangs up in my ear and I lock my phone back, waving Floyd to go on.

"You can take me home Floyd, we won't need to be anywhere until later on tonight." I inform. He nods and pulls off as I sigh and lean my arm on the car door. I rest the back of my hand against my lips, staring out the window. I'm relieved that he got something for me because it's been weeks since I asked him to do this. I need to know that my mother and sister are safe as all. My sister might not care to talk to me, and I might not care to hear my mother out. However, they are still family and I have to protect mine.

➰