Chapter Six: The Un-Ex-Pected

Start from the beginning

Joey was shaking his head so hard to the point where he accidentally bang it against the window. We all took a brief moment of laughter. Then, the song cut off and the next artist to have airtime was no surprise, even the slightest.

"You're hotter than summer day, in California
You got me melting like a sundae, and I want ya
I know you've been wait-you've been waiting a long time for me (for me)
But if you wait a little while longer this is how it'll be

Oh it's gonna be
Hot like fire
I'm gonna take you, take you higher
You can't resist,
Kiss, kiss, and kiss and kiss and kiss..."

JC spoke about it, "Damn Aaliyah sound sexy as hell on this song."

I looked at him from my diagonal view and scoffed. "I hate you."

"What? I'm just speaking upon facts here."

Lance defended, "I mean Aaliyah is undeniably sexy. Gay guy speaking."

I kept quiet as the bus was still going. Next thing you know, Joey is singing the damn lyrics to her song:

"Hot like fire
And I'm gonna take you, take you higher
No no no, you won't resist
You can't resist, (when I taste your lips)
Kiss, kiss, and kiss and kiss and kiss..." However questionable how he was singing it. Chris realized I wasn't enjoying it.

"I thought you and Li were good?"

"We are- I mean- ah I don't even know anymore, dude. We've been rather mute lately," I tried to explain to him. "Kind of drifted apart."

We began to talk all the time on the phone, even if we were busy. Kinda not the same anymore. Nothing good ever lasts forever.

"Oh. Well if it's like that then you just set a world record for losing two of the most finest chicks to ever walk this earth. How shameful," JC teased.

I responded, "Oh shut up will ya? I'm a mess I know that. Geesh I hate myself for it."

Lance tried to cheer me up, "Oh c'mon, bud don't belittle yourself here. We're all human and capable of doing humanly things. Things will get better." I was rather annoyed by his false hope more than anything. Turning the wheel, Joey told a joke I didn't find very amusing at all.

"Hey guys, after April it's..."

"Gonna be May!" They all finished in unison. I shook my head twice because of their foolishness. My pronunciation of the word 'me' made me the laughingstock for the time being. Never was it my intention to say it that way, however it ain't even matter anyway.

"It already is May, though so jokes on you, Joe!" I fired back while leaning against the support of my seat, folding my arms as I riveted my eyes towards him.

"Chillax, bro take it easy will ya? Boy you're easily defensive," he commented before taking a drink from his jug. I pretended to not be triggered and didn't say anything.

Chris added, "Yeah we have a big show to prep for! Everything else in our worries is just plain nonsensical."

We exchanged looks before I replied, "Chris shut the hell up you're the definition of nonsensical."

"Wow I didn't know guys had periods." He roughed his hair to the side and let out a laugh.

"Yeah and I'm late too." I couldn't help but cry of laughter as they all did with me. I wasn't in a bitchy mood, simply annoyed with situations I was dealing with. My guys always cheered me up even without realization. I cherished that most being brothers and bandmates. The laughter subsided.

Lance asked, "Damn are we there yet?"

"Nah the wheels on the bus are just going round and round," I mocked him. He sucked his teeth at me and resumed back to his journal entries.