Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

Izaiah's POV

I stormed into my office.

I was more than angry. The alleged 'King of Wolves' was alive and mated.

And mated to none other than the Alpha of Silver Range, Kyler Parks.

Before I could capture James Knight, or who apparently went by Dalton Kane now, he had fled into the forest with his mate.

Ronaldo jumped me as his son and in-law ran off and hence turned into a full blown fight until I called it off. No reason to waste energy and time when what we came for was already gone.

We left their pitiful little pack and tracked the duo deep into the forest and mountain range. However, a well known and feared scent halted our tracking.

The scent of a powerful vampire mixed with a few other weird scents that I didn't know came from where exactly.

As leader of the Wolf Council, maintaining peace between other species of supernaturals was an important factor and one that we couldn't risk upsetting.

Vampires were as well equipped as werewolves in terms of their weapons and defenses and starting a war between the both of us would be a clusterfuck.

We had stood at the border, growling before we headed back to our hotel for the next few days.

I knew the vampire's scent all too well. Roman Pari, an original vampire and not someone I would want to mess with. He was currently housing the new fugitives of the werewolves.

An overpowered vampire with a reason to protect as he had recently adopted child with his male vampire mate.

That's too many 'vampires' for a paragraph.

"Rez!" I ordered and almost instantly a tall but lanky wolf with weird tattoos all over his body stood at the doorway, silver eyes glinting.

Rezano was one of my highly ranked officers. With the ability track for miles and miles, he was certainly a valuable addition to the Wolf Council.

"Great, I'll leave the two vampires to you and your... comrades."

Rez curled up his top lip, probably picturing ripping the cold limbs off those pair of bloodsuckers. That sick bastard. Not like I disapproved anyway.

"You're dismissed." Bowing slightly, the pale wolf backed out of the room.

Sitting down on the seat, I pulled open a drawer in the antique mahogany desk that sat in the middle of the room and immediately saw a black leather ring file, a fine layer of mould and dust settling on it's surface. Reaching in, I extracted the file, displacing a lot of grime.

It has certainly been a while since the case of this annoyingly powerful breed of werewolf came up.

All the research and studies done on them, the wolves that had existed... every single piece of detail stored in this file.

Something told me James Knight would be rather difficult to kill off.