8. man flu

First time Loki caught a cold, he didn't cope with it so well for there was no such virus in Asgard. But since he was now living on Midgard, the God of Mischief was left no choice but to learn to adapt to the new environment.

//

Avengers compound.

Loki woke with unexplainable ache in his throat which presented when he gulped. His head felt as though someone spun him around a million times. Breathing suddenly became difficult. Every bone in his body hurt, like someone was tearing him apart. And he felt so cold, so cold he was shivering even though the temperature in the room wasn't even that low!

Oh, no.

~~~

Ughh, what a beautiful day. Thor thought to himself as he stood by the window in his room with a mug of coffee in hand. The sun had just came up above the horizon, illuminating the room. It gave him so much positive vibes and energy that the Thunder God was sure it was going to be a wonderful day. Too soon. The door was abruptly kicked open. It ended Thor's trance, almost made him jump out of his skin. He turned to the direction and was not at all expecting to see his brother standing there with the look of panic, his chest heaved heavily from panting so hard, his eyes and nose were deep shade of red. His brother looked... traumatized.

"Loki, what's wrong?" Thor's brows furrowed. He placed the cup down and quickly crossed the room toward the God of Mischief. It actually scared Thor. He never saw Loki like this before "Brother, talk to me!" Thor demanded, now looking like a worried mom.

Loki looked at his brother through his teary eyes. His pale lips quivering, and he slowly took shaky steps closer to him "Thor, I... I don't feel so good"

Thor's eyes widened even more once he heard Loki's voice. It was so hoarse and raspy. Not velvety and angelic like how it used to be. Loki wasn't faking it, at least, not this time. "Loki!!" Thor cried and lunged forward, immediately wrapped his arms around Loki as the Trickster God fell forward, now clenching onto his big brother's shoulders so tightly with his head on the crook of Thor's neck, letting the God of Thunder take his entire weight "I don't feel so good, Thor, I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go!"

~~~

"Coffee?" "Thanks, Steve" y/n gave Rogers a smile as he made her her favorite. The Avengers were up early today. 8 A.M and almost everyone already gathered at the dinning room, enjoying breakfast in what seemed to be a peaceful morning... until it wasn't.

The team was startled to the max when, out of the blue, Thor kicked the door open and ran inside with Loki's arm around his shoulders "GET HELP!!! MY BROTHER, HE'S DYING. HELP HIM!!"

The Thunder God shouted and then, thrown Loki forward, expecting the team to catch him. But everything happened in an instant and so unexpectedly that no one had time to process shit. So instead of catching him, everyone took a step backward, and Loki ended up on the ground with the team surrounding him, looking down with confusion at the Trickster God lying face down on the carpet, Tony kept sipping on his coffee in the process.

"Ummm... Thor?" Steve was the first to break the silence. Captain America shifted his gaze from Loki and to his brother who looked like he was on the verse of having a panic attack.

"My brother, Captain, he's dying  for real this time. You've got to help him!"

Instead of panicking, the rest of the team seemed... skeptical. Not that they didn't care about Loki, but dying-for-real and the greasy little bitch - who already "died" 686 times this week - seemed like something that could never be in the same sentence. Ever.