71. I taste you on my tongue

"I'm a God," Loki said, annoyed. "I don't do Valentine's."

"I know," Mobius signed another tedious paperwork without really looking up to meet his eyes.

"What's the point? It's a waste of time," The Trickster went on.

"I agree," Mobius turned another page, before landing his pen on the x mark where his signature was required.

It was Valentine's Day. Loki and Mobius decided to treat the occasion as if it were any other boring, not-so-special day. Or, that was what Mobius believed, anyway.

///

Pairing: Loki/Mobius M. Mobius

Happy Valentine's Day! Here, have some Lokius fluff!

///

"What's wrong with everybody?" Loki tapped Mobius's shoulder lightly after joining him at the table in the TVA cafeteria.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mobius's attention hadn't fully shifted from his jet ski magazine, as he flipped the page over with one hand, the other feeding himself his salad, the usual.

"Well, Casey wears pink. There're heart stickers on D-90's gear. Ravonna's office is decorated with roses, and Sylvie is being weird."

"Weird, as in..." Mobius still hadn't granted Loki his full attention. He mouthed to himself the words of the text he'd been reading on the magazine, folding at the top of the page.

"Well, she's making something. Said it was a card. It shaped like a heart."

Mobius snorted, thought for some reason, the Agent didn't really look that surprised or confused. "I don't remember that being a part of the TVA job description."

"Exactly. And when I asked, she said it was for B-15."

"Interesting," Mobius nodded. He did not sound... interested.

Loki paused. He looked at Mobius. Then, "You know what this is,"

"Huh?" Mobius finally looked up to meet his eyes now. There was still salad in his mouth. 

"This whole thing. Why everyone's being so weird! Look!" Loki pointed behind him. Mobius turned to look; C-20 entered the cafeteria with a bouquet in her arms. "You see what I'm talking about now?"

Mobius turned back to look at Loki. He lifted his brows. Then he laughed.

Loki looked at him, arms now crossed over his chest as he waited for Mobius to finish his little chuckling session. "You done?"

"I'm sorry. It's just funny."

"Oh, really. What is?"

"Nothing, it's just..." Mobius almost looked apologetic for having teased his Mischievous Scamp's cluelessness. "Your twin got here after you. But she already knows more about human etiquette and trend than you do. Did you know she was on TikTok? Instagram?"

Loki rolled his eyes "I know about human etiquette," he protested. "I read a lot, mind you."

"Sure you do,"

"Mobius!" 

Mobius smiled softly then. He knew that voice, and he found it oh-so adorable, actually. The almost helpless tone combined with the hint of desperation. It was never anything serious, and it was cute, how Loki was like this only with Mobius. "Fine. Have you ever heard of Valentine's?"

Loki furrowed his brows. He, for a moment, seemed to be in thoughts. "I might have."

"Okay, do you know what that is?"