She still had a pulse, and her eyelids weakly flickered open at the touch of my fingertips.

"Alexa-"

"Nate," She paused as she let out a laboured cough, spraying me with blood.

"Shit. How can you do this?" I yelled, my eyes trained on her father now.

For once, he actually looked scared. He kicked the rifle aside, and peered down at his injured daughter with a grimace.

Alexa gripped unto my arm, pulling me downwards so that I can hear her,
"I want you to live Nate, to live your life. You know of my mother's sad fate. It was only a matter of time before I met it too."

She coughed again before letting out a rattling wheeze. Her breaths began to become more shallow.

Under the horrid lighting, her beautiful olive complexion seemed ghostly pale, she seemed dead already.

" Somebody help! Where the hell are the medics?" I yelled at the top of my lungs, my eyes began to burn with the forming tears and my grip on Alexa's hands were beginning to loosen due to how much my hand was shaking.

I couldn't lose her. I can't lose her too.

I was so angry, angry at the world, for this twisted repeated nightmare that I directed my anger at Alexa.

"You don't get to leave me, why Lex why?"

She rose her free hand, and cupped my face and breathed a labored breath, wincing as she did so.

A set of footsteps came thundering down the staircase and two ladies with medical kits came rushing towards us.

The older one of the two,started me pushing me away, ranting away in russian. My grip on Alexa's arm tightened.

I wasn't leaving her, she wasn't leaving me. We were meant to have a happily ever after. She promised.

The younger one begun to tear at Alexa's hoodie-so that she could have extracted the bullet.

"Nate? I love you," Alexa whispered.

The tears began to flow freely down my cheeks and I squeezed her hand in response. I didn't trust my myself to speak at the moment.

Then everything happened so fast, it rushed by like a blur before my eyes, and I couldn't stop anything from happening.

The second the bullet was extracted, the wound began hemorrhaging, I've never saw as much blood as I did then.

Alexa's eyelids began to flutter close, and I heard myself screaming at her to stay awake, try to stay for us.

Who was I fooling?
From the start we knew that our relationship was destined to crash.
I understood why Alexa did what she did, but it didn't make it hurt any less.

Three other men came sprinting down the staircase, and towards us, with larger medical kits, but the damage was already too far gone.

Alexa's hoodie-our hoodie, was entirely stained red by the massive amount of blood lost, and her pulse began to weaken.

The sob that I was trying to stifle escaped me as I doubled over and buried my face in her neck, "I love you too Princess. Sorry I couldn't save you from all this."