↠Aragorn

Aragorn?

Is this Arathorn's son? My eyes lit up. That's why I recognized him from somewhere! I had never seen the man so I didn't know him but he resembled his father too much.

I looked down, not wanting to look at a copy of Arathorn any longer. I climbed out of the tree and sneaked inside, I was going to pay my respects later on when everyone was inside.

I opened my door and saw my brothers standing by the window, each carrying a kid of mine. I smiled and leaned agains the wall, loving the way they looked at the children.

I sighed happily and they turned around. I smiled. "Enjoying ourselves, I see."

They looked down and smiled innocently. "They are adorable." Faelar said, having a soft expression on his face.

"I know," I replied, pushing myself from the wall to greet my children, "I made them." I winked at my brothers, who rolled their eyes, and kissed both of the foreheads of my children.

"Have you payed your respects?" Daylor asked softly, not wanting to wake my children. I shook my head. "There were too many people, I couldn't. I have seen Aragorn though."

"Aragorn?" Faelar repeated.

"Arathorn's son," I replied.

I took a map and gestured them to come closer. "I want to leave for Erebor as soon as possible. I suggest we stay here another month, just until summer's here."

Both of my brothers nodded. "That's okay for me."

I looked up at them and bit my lip. "Do you guys wanna stay here? I mean, I know Lord Elrond took you in when you were wounded."

Daylor and Faelar looked at each other. "That's true," Faelar spoke up. "But we're not leaving you."

I smiled and hugged them both. "Thank you."

That night I left my children with Dis and Tauriel and I descended the stairs, ready to pay my respects. Kneeling by his grave, I murmured a prayer.

"May the Valar lead you to your ancestors and your wife. Just know that I miss you. I promise I'll try to make the best out of everything and start every day with a smile."

Hot tears were streaming from my face and I swore that it would be the last time I'd show weakness. I had to be strong. Strong for my children and for Erebor.

"I have never properly thanked you for saving me from those orcs years ago. Thank you."

I swallowed and wiped my tears away.

"I also promise to keep an eye on Aragorn. I haven't really met him yet, he just looks so much like you, but I will in time. And when the time is right, he'll have my support to take his rightful place on the throne."

I stood up.

"I love you. This is goodbye for now."

I turned around and walked away, not looking back. I stiffened when I saw a man standing in the shadows of a tree and quickly took my father's dagger, innerly cursing myself for not bringing my other weapons.

The man seemed to notice I was looking right at him and he stepped out of the shadows.

I swallowed when I recognized Aragorn but held my expression blank. I slightly bowed at him. "My lord."

"I'm not a lord," he replied.

I raised an eyebrow. "Pardon me, your grace."

He stiffened. "I think you are mistaken me for someone else, my lady."

I grinned. "Am I?" I asked innocently. "Aren't you Aragorn, son of Arathorn, heir to the throne of Gondor? But please, tell me if I'm wrong."

3rd person POV

Aragorn saw Keira kneeling by the grave of his father.

What was she doing?"

He could hear her whisper in Elvish but he was too far away to actually understand what she was saying. He could see the tears that were streaming from her face and it pained his heart.

When she stood up, he stepped back, trying to blend in with the shadows but he had underestimated her.

She stiffened when she noticed his eyes on her and turned around, reaching for a dagger.

Aragorn, knowing she had seen him, stepped out of the shadows. A flash of recognition crossed her expression before it went blank. She bowed slightly. "My lord."

My lord? She couldn't possibly know, could she?

"I'm not a lord," Aragorn replied, not a lie.

She raised an eyebrow. "Pardon me, your grace."

She knew.

Aragorn stiffened, not knowing how to reply on that. He couldn't give away his true identity, he barely knew the red haired woman.

"I think you are mistaken me for someone else, my lady."

She grinned, obviously enjoying the situation. "Am I?" She asked innocently. "Aren't you Aragorn, son of Arathorn, rightful heir to the throne of Gondor? But please, tell me if I'm wrong."

Aragorn's mouth almost fell open. How did she know? That's impossible! Not even every Ranger in the North knew about his identity and now there was this red haired woman, he had never seen before, seeming to know him better then he knew himself.

He swallowed. "Well, you know my name, it should be appropriate that I know yours as well."

Keira POV

Dammit. He's right.

I tilted my head, wondering if I should tell him.

"I'm Keira," I just told him.

He raised his eyebrow. "No other names?"

I smiled again mischievously. "Yes, but that's for you to find out."

He sighed slightly and I could tell he became irritated. I almost would have told him but I just loved to tease him.

"Let's make a deal," I began. "If you find every information about me in a month, I'll pay the drinks. If you find nothing or not much, you're the one paying. Sounds good?"

He smiled slightly. "Get ready to loose."