// T H E R U I N E D O N E S \\

So this is part of a story trade with AbbieVanityCakes!!! Check out the story she wrote at the external link! :)

|| T R O ||

He played it so well. The role of a shy, gentle, soft-spoken young man. You never would have expected it. But then again, a ghoul was a wolf in sheep's clothing. A ghoul would know how to blend in with society. But he had somehow slipped up. You had found out. You had half a mind to go to the CCG. To tell them all about Kaneki but you couldn't.

You cursed as you were met with yet another dead end. You bit your lip to try and keep your tears from falling. You heard it then, the sound of footsteps behind you.

"Kaneki..."

"(Name)," his voice broke as he walked closer to you.

You only inched away, fear and disgust evident in your face.

"Please, (Name)," he whispers, "I would never hurt you."

"Don't come near me," you shout, "freak!!!"

He backs away.

"Don't look hurt and all that! Ghouls like you would never be able to display emotions like that."

He bites his lip, "(Name)..."

"Leave me alone already!!! Kill me! Eat me! Do whatever the fuck you want!!!"

He walks closer to you and places a hand on your right shoulder, lips brushing past your soft neck. His lips open. You close your eyes, mentally preparing yourself for the pain that is about to come but it doesn't. He places a quick kiss on your forehead and smiles softly.

"I won't," he steps to the side and points to the exit of the alleyway, "if you want to go to the CCG and turn me in then it's fine by me."

"Wha-"

"If I were to be killed, then I hope it would be you pulling the trigger."

"Kaneki..."

"I really do love you, (Name)," he admits with tears running down one of his eyes.

|| T R O ||

He wakes up with a start, fist closing in on a random pillow. He rises, taking in the room.

Where am I?

The door opens slightly and a little boy with raven hair and your eyes walk shyly pokes his head in. He grins widely once his eyes meets Kaneki's.

"Mom," he calls, "dad's awake!!!"

His heart beats faster as the door opens wider. And there you are. Still as beautiful as ever.

"Did you have a good sleep, Kaneki," you ask with a smile on your face but it drops once you see a stray tear run down his cheek.

He hugs you, pulling you close to his body and sobs uncontrollably.

"I was scared," he whispered.

"Really," you ask, rubbing soothing circles into his back.

"I thought you hated me."

"That time again?"

"Yeah..."

"I was young and foolish," you remind him, "I know that you would never hurt me."

You let go of him, intertwine your fingers and flash him a big smile.

"Dad," your son tugs on Kaneki's shorts.

"Hmm?"

"Can you read to me again?"

"Sure," he smiles and ruffles his hair.

"Now, if you're alright, you big crybaby. I have to get back to making dinner."

"But-"

"I know, I got some meat from Anteiku. You know. Tsukiyama has been showing me a few tips on cooking flesh."

"I see."

You turn to leave for the kitchen but something stops you.

"Kaneki."

"Yes?"

"Try to stop showing off your kagune to Kenta again."

"But-"

"I know you would never hurt us Kaneki, but of I have to clean up after you guys again. I will seriously hurt you, okay?"

He gulps as he stares at the strange dark purple aura that suddenly emanates from you.

"I-I got it," he nods.

Once you're out of the earshot, Kenta looks up at Kaneki.

"Mom's scary."

He sighs, "I know."

"Hey dad, who's scarier? Mom or Touka obaa-san?"

Kaneki sweatdrops, "Kenta, even if it's a joke, don't call Touka-san that..."

"Eh? But she won't hurt me."

"Yes, but she's definitely going to hurt me..."