Chapter 2

I walked down the dark wood staircase of my parents house and into the kitchen to see both of my parents in there talking which made me smile because it's not everyday that I see both my parents home at the same time. My mother works with Deb so she's always on business trips and my father was a trauma surgeon so most of the time he was deployed which left me with my two older siblings,Blaire and Dylan. Blaire was off in New York at some upstate medical school, while Dylan still lived with us which was nice since our parents are gone most of the time.

"Hey sweetheart, how have you been?" My dad asked as.

"I've been good, just been keeping busy with school work and cheerleading?" I responded to my father

"Ahh yes, I remember my cheerleading days." My mother says looking at me.

"That reminds me,there's a game tonight you guys should come, you can watch Nathan play and watch Peyton, Brooke and I cheer." I say smiling hoping they would say yes.    "Of course we will go watch the game, sweetie." My dad said.With that being said I went back to my room to grab my cheerleading uniform and my pow pows, then left for Peyton's house so we could get ready together.                          ***When Nick and Annabelle Shepherd walked into the school gym they spotted Keith Scott and Haley James sitting in the bleachers. So they decide that they would sit next to them.

"Keith, did you come to watch Nathan play?" Nick asked not knowing that Keith was there to watch Lucas not Nathan.

"Actually i'm here to watch Lucas play." He replied and then proceeded to tell them the story of how Lucas got on the team.                          ***"So that's the boy that beat Nathan?" Brooke asked as all three of us stared at Lucas. Peyton just nodded to Brooke's question. "Well, at least he looks good from behind." Peyton and I laughed as Brooke shrugged.

In the beginning of the game Nathan and a guy on the other team were battling for control of the ball during the toss off causing the ball to go flying. Lucas tries to catch it but misses and hits me in the arm.

"Nice hands." I stated sharply toward Lucas as Peyton and Brooke watch.

"Nice legs." he retorted causing my mouth to open slightly in surprise.

In the middle of the game Whitey benched Lucas because he kept missing his shots. I could tell that Nathan was happy about that, I mean ever since Lucas got on to the team Nathan has done nothing but complain about it.                          ***I was currently in first hour, so far the lesson was boring but aren't most lessons.

"Early in his career, Hemingway was frustrated. He was a good writer who wanted to be great. And eventually, he discovered that less is more. Elizabeth. Describe Lucas in one word." The teacher said and it didn't take me long to come up with a word to describe Lucas.

"Choke." I stated and the whole class erupted into laughs while Lucas glared at me.

"Okay, be quiet please. Thank you. Lucas, care to respond and describe Elizabeth?" The teacher asks

"Lonely." Lucas replied looking at me the whole time and instead of laughter the class erupts into oohs.

" Settle down guys, settle down." The teacher commanded

Nathan then raised his hand and said "I can describe Lucas in one word.... Bastard." It didn't shock me that Nathan would turn a simple class discussion into something to do with Lucas.

Appropriately Lucas got upset by the comment and tackled Nathan then the two of them started throwing punches but that didn't last long until the teacher broke it up.                            ***Peyton's car was in the shop, so she need a ride there so me being the nice best friend I am, I decide that I would drive her to Keith Scott Motors to get her car.

As we walked up to the auto shop Peyton saw Lucas with her sketches.

"Those are my sketches!" She exclaimed ripping them out of his hands and storming off.

"That's personal, I mean she doesn't read your diary so don't go looking through her sketches."

" I don't have a diary." Lucas says causing me to laugh.

"No? Dear diary my daddy doesnt love me. PS stay away from me and my friends." I yell at him storm off to my car and driving home.

I walk into the school gymnasium with my parents and Dylan not dressed in my cheerleading uniform just wanting to spend the night with my family.

"Uhh, what are you doing not wearing you uniform?" Brooke questioned walking up to me

" I just didn't feel like cheering tonight, i'm sorry Brooke."

"It's fine but you better have you skinny ass here tomorrow ready for practice." Brooke said making me laugh. This is why I was friends with Brooke she was understanding and funny.

After talking with Brooke and Peyton for a while I went to take a seat in between my parents and Dylan to watch the game. 

Sorry this chapter literally sucks ass