Jensen nods his head. “What was your and Danneel's agreement?”

“That I would get at least six hours of sleep.” She shrugs her shoulders. “I didn’t know she, I mean you, were going to pick me up at the crack of dawn.” Kensi sasses.

Jensen glares at her. “Young lady, do you want to go for round two?”

Kensi looks down at the belt before shaking her head. “No sir.”

“I understand you were excited to stay at Taylor's house, but you know how Danneel feels about you getting enough sleep. You know how cranky you get when you don’t get enough sleep.”

Kensi looks down at her plate. “I know.” She admits quietly. “But I promise you I thought Danneel was waiting until after JJ’s gymnastic class to come pick me up.”

Jensen nods. “She was; but we decided I would pick you up when I came home last night.”

She places the half-eaten sandwich on her plate. “Yeah, about that. I thought you weren't going to make it.”

“Neither did I. We managed to wrap up the episode and Jared, Misha, and I were able to come home for a few days.”

Kensi pops a grape in her mouth so she doesn't have to say anything.

Jensen sighs; preparing himself for these next few questions. “Was the reason why you lashed out at me because you called me Dad at the hotel?”

Kensi gulps down the milk, ignoring his question.

Jensen's eyes narrow. “I can finish these questions with you over my knee if you like.”

She crosses her arms over chest. “No thanks, I'm good.”

“Kensi.” He warns.

“I don't want to talk about it.”

“Tough.” Jensen tells her sharply. “We're talking about it. I need to know what is going on in that head of yours.”

“Why?”

The word was barely audible, but Jensen heard it. “Because I care about you.” He pauses, letting that sink in. “Also, if you don’t tell me now, then you're going to get a bedtime spanking until you do.”

Kensi's eyes widen. “That's not fair!”

Jensen scoffs. “Neither is my daughter saying “Fuck you” to my face.” He says, his eyes daring her to challenge him.

Kensi bites her lip. She hates how much she loves him calling her his daughter. It's wrong. Her parents are dead, but they're still her parents; not Jensen and Danneel.

“Are you going to tell me?” He closes his eyes when all she does is shake her head no. “Alright, we'll move on for now.” Jensen stands to his feet, heading back to living room. “Come on.”

Kensi slowly stands and follows behind him.

Jensen sits on the couch, pulling Kensi to stand in between his knees. “I don’t care how tired or how guilty you're feeling; you don’t ever talk to me the way you did this morning. It was very disrespectful. You were acting like a brat and I will not allow it.” He pulls out an object from under the pillow on the couch.

Kensi's eyes widen and she steps back, shaking her head the whole time. “N-No.” Her pleading eyes meet his firm ones. “Jensen, no.”

Jensen sets the small, wooden paddle beside him. “I remember when your mother called me, crying because she didn't know what to do with you. Your dad was gone overseas and nothing seemed to be working.” He sets a hand on the paddle. “I hated the thought of using this on a nine year old; but your dad convinced me it was the only way to get through your stubborn head.” He chuckles as he looks back at Kensi. “You're dad was a smart man; especially when it came to you.”