Chapter 11

Kensi tries to ignore the giggles; but when the owner of said giggles makes it to her room, she opens her eyes.

“Kensi! You're awake!” JJ exclaims as she jumps on Kensi’s bed.

“Yeah, no thanks to you, squirt.” She smiles at the three year old to let her know she’s not mad.

“Will you play with me?”

Kensi opens her mouth to reply, but another voice from her doorway beats her.

“Kensi can't play right now, JJ.” Jensen answers from the doorway.

JJ frowns at her father. “Why not?”

“Because it's time for your gymnastics class. Momma's gonna take you.”

JJ lifts her pleading eyes to her father. “Can't you take me and Kensi come with us?”

Kensi can see Jensen struggling to stay firm. She's never had that kind of influence over him; not even her own parents.

“I wish we could; but your mom's going to take you. I think she said something about getting ice cream afterwards.” Jensen whispers the last part, as if it was a secret.

The three year can't compete with that. “Really?” JJ slides off of Kensi's bed and rushes out the door, slowing down when Jensen warns her to not run.

Kensi slowly looks up at her father figure, wary that he was just going to pull her over his knee as soon as the other half of the family left.

Jensen sighs. “Change your clothes then meet me in the living room.” Kensi opens her mouth, but he doesn’t give her a chance to speak. “I don’t want to hear. Do as you're told and don't make me come find you.” He tells her sharply. He takes a second to calm his anger before turning on his heel and making his way down the stairs.

Kensi watches him leave before doing as she was told. Now that she's gotten sleep; she feels awful for what she said. Her guilt building when she remembers that she disobeyed Jensen and watched Supernatural. She can't tell him though. For one thing, she still wants to watch it and more importantly, she wouldn't be the only one in trouble.

She changes into sweats and a tshirt; knowing she'll probably be going to bed soon.

She makes her way down to the living room; immediately noticing the belt Jensen's holding. She stops for a second but forces herself to keep walking when Jensen starts to stand.

When she's standing about a foot away from him, Jensen grabs her arm, pulling her closer. He bends her over his knee before picking up the belt.

Kensi gasps when the first swat falls. She squeezes her eyes shut as five more fall.

Jensen pulls her to her feet before answering his confused daughter's silent question. “We're not even close to being done. Let's just call that insurance while you eat and while we have a little chat about what the hell is going on with you.”

Kensi blushes at his words, wiping away the few loose tears. She ‘lets’ him lead her to the kitchen where a sandwich, some fruit, and a glass of milk are waiting for her.

She winces in pain when she sits down in the hard, wooden chair; but she doesn't complain. She watches as Jensen sits across from her and jumps when he dumps the belt on the table in between them.

“How much sleep did you last night?” Jensen asks; getting the less important questions out of the way.

Kensi swallows the bite she had taken before answering him. “About two hours.”