Ch. 1 The End

-Your pov

"Mr. Ewing, something's not right with Dash. Please, don't have him compete. I can ride Stella for State. She is just as good at jumping." I said while following my boss through the crowded stables.

"How can you tell? He looked just fine this morning." He said stubbornly. He was always this way. Sometimes I wonder why I still work for him or why he still wants me around. Sure I am his best, but I also care more about the horses than the money. I made it to state on both of his jumping horses. I warmed both of them up this morning. Stella was fine, but Dash, something was wrong. I couldn't see it. But I could sense it.

"He'll be fine. If you warmed him up this morning, he can compete. Now get going. You're on in five minutes. Go for gold baby." He said before spanking me. Now I remember the other reason why he always has me around. I walked over to the stall where Dash was. I smiled when I saw his sweet face. I've known him ever since he was a baby. I was pretty much his mother. We were a team. I love Stella too, but I share a stronger connection with Dash.

"Are you ready for this?" I ask him. He blinks and nuzzles me a little making me laugh.

"After this, you're mine. I already talked to Mr. Ewing. I officially bought you. Just like I promised." I finished before leading him out toward the arena. The two of us waited for our turn.

"Did I mention that you look handsome?" I said before kissing his face. Some helpers rushed over and helped me get on Dash. I took a deep breath and waited for my name to be called. I was fully confident, but my senses were going crazy in the back of my mind. Something is wrong with Dash.

"Good performance with Cally Henderson and Twice as Nice. Up next we have y/n l/n with Flash n' Dash. They are now entering the ring." The announcer said. Dash and I knew that this was being filmed live meaning that the announcers were going to be talking. The two of us were accustomed to it. I took a deep breath and started.

"She is doing good so far. Really moving gracefully." One said as I was approaching the first fence.

"She cleared it flawlessly. And is moving to the next one." Another announcer said after Dash and I made the first one.

"She is nineteen now and still the youngest ever to still make it to State. She just graduated High School with really good grades. She has done four flawless jumps now. Y/n definitely has a great career waiting for her after college with the reputation she has." The first announcer said before I did the fifth jump. So far Dash has been doing good. Maybe my senses were wrong today. I hope.

"Three more jumps till the last one. It looks bigger. Probably a four or a five foot jump. I know you can do it Dash." I whispered.

"I know you can y/n." A voice whispered in my head. I was in shock for a split second but pushed it out of my head. Dash and I were approaching the last jump. Time almost stood still as we jumped over. I could feel everyone tense up. Dash and I cleared it and cantered to the end.

"Perfect Performance from y/n l/n and Flash n' Dash. I have no doubt in my mind that they will make it to national and maybe even world." The second announcer said as I stopped and started petting Dash.

"I knew you could do it." The voice said. I looked toward the audience trying to find the person talking. Out of all the people looking at me, there was one that was looking at me eye to eye. From what I could see, he had red hair with a top hat and some black face paint. He smiled a little before I turned my attention back towards the gate. I was starting to trot towards the gate when Dash suddenly tripped and fell forward. The last thing I remember was my legs being crushed under him before blacking out.

__________

"Y/n, are you awake?" The voice of my mom asked. My eyes opened completely. I looked around to see that I was in the hospital.

"Dash is he ok?" I asked. It was quiet for a moment.

"He had a small fracture on his front left leg before the competition. His leg broke, but he should be ok." My mom replied. I sighed. I knew something was wrong. But Mr. Ewing didn't listen as usual.

"I'm glad. Dash is my horse now. I won't overwork him like Ewing did. Riding through the pasture will be nice when I get out." I said as I smiled and closed my eyes in relief. It was quiet. Too quiet. I opened my eyes again.

"Right?" I said.

"Y/n. When Dash fell forward. He landed on your legs. They shattered. The doctors did what they could, but you won't be able to walk. You won't be able to ride again." My dad said. My heart stopped. I shook my head. I refused to believe his words.

"You're lying. It's not true. It's not true." I said as I held back my tears.

"Y/n, I wouldn't lie to you about this. I know this truth hurts. I'm sorry, your career in the equestrian world is over. You'll have to major in something else." My dad replied. I couldn't believe it. Riding was my life. The only other thing that was part of my life was art and sculpting. Art pieces and figures are my only thing I enjoyed and can do now. I couldn't hold my tears back any longer. I started crying. My life with horses has been ripped out of my heart. Not because of Dash, but because of Ewing's greed.